1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    Steering wheel vibration

Hi,
    My Linea MJD which has clocked 5300km has a very peculiar problem. Whenever I brake from a very high speed (say 90kmph) the steering wheel vibrates a lot. However, when I brake from, say 40kmph there is no vibrations. Has anyone else experienced the same ?Could there be any problem with the Discs or Rotors ??
  2. does the pedal also vibrate with the steering wheel..
    If yes the problem could be due to the discs getting more wear on one half of one side than on the other half of same side.. There would a variation in the thickness of the disc... Get this checked by a professional
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Warped rotors seem to be the culprit, although 5300 kms is virtually no mileage.

Take it to the service centre asap for a correct evaluation, since braking is of paramount importance while driving. And keep us updated.

Gurjinder.
  4. Buddy i am facing the exact problem. At 40 km/h there is no vibrations but it happens @ 80 or 90 km/h. I have done the alignment/balancing 5 times already and also have the disc/brakes pas checked. Am i missing something here that specifically needs to be checked. Mine have done 5700 kms till now
  5. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    Will book an appointment with the service center tomorrow. Will keep you updated about this
  6. Get the alloys checked. If they have bends even if they are minor then this wobbling is noticed at high speeds. I face this issue on my Linea post 130 kmph , none on my punto and 100 kmph on the palio

P.S: DISREGARD MY POST. AM REFFERING TO THE WOBBLE AT HIGH SPEEDS
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  7. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    The Vibration/ Wobbling... will be there mostly because of the Alloy having a minor hit and bent, get that checked first, as i see your car has clogged only 5300Kms, i believe mechanical issues shouldnt be there.

Advice: Go to a Wheel Balancing place, preffered a good one with nice history, get the Alloys checked for bents. I had a similar experience but got it fixed had a small bent from inside the steering used to wobble and mostly at low speeds, and high speeds vibrate, and the car felt unstable like not it used to.
  8. under braking only has somrthing to do with uneven wear on the discs...
    i had experienced this in corolla.
    get the discs checked fot thier thickness. they wull not be same...
  9. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Gurgaon
    Thudding Sound from Brakes at Low Speeds (Start-Stop Traffic)

Hi Guys,

I am getting a thudding sound from under the car when I press the brakes when driving really slow in traffic. Especially when I am turning the car. This doesn't seem to affect my braking efficiency. I drive a Grande Punto 1.4 Petrol Emotion Pk. The car has done about 16,000 kms so far. I plan to take it to the service center, but would like to be more informed about the issue before I do that (I don't trust the service folks at ABS).

Edit: I keep my handbrake pulled up when my car is parked. I just read a post saying that isn't a good idea. Could that be a reason?

Thanks,
    Raven
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Did it appear after the service(15K/1yr)? Does such noise appear if you try to shake the car from all the four corner. You may be able to figure out the exact location. I also hear similar sounds some times, but I have done around 1.8 K recently on higway and nothing observed. So I was planning to mention it in my first 1yr service in October.