1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. gods-envy

gods-envy

Bangalore
    Gurjinder, Roy and SriKaratluri,
    I am currently running on 15" and was thinking of an upgrade to 16" but I think I would stick to my current setup itself; will just get new alloys.
  2. for even plusher ride get 14inch wheels with bigger profile tyres like roy sir suggested..
    that would give you the ultimate comfort
  3. gods-envy

gods-envy

Bangalore
    But that would mean, I would have to ditch my existing OE alloys and OE tyres.
  4. thats your call buddy..
    you want better rride than on 15's sell them off or put them aside and buy a new set of wheels and tyres(you wanted 26's any way rite..)
    or use the existing rims and buy soft compound tyres and anflate them a little less than normal. like if 35 is the max air presure on the driver side sticker put 32-33.
    that would do wonders to your ride. i maintain mine at 33 front 30 rear. and the thud sound is gone over poth holes
  5. gods-envy

gods-envy

Bangalore
    srikaratluri,
    I anyways keep 31psi for the tyres inside city.
    Let's see how it goes.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have Veloke 14" alloys with Yokohomas 195/60 R14 86H AVS ES100. So far I had no issues with the ride quality except for a little pulling and some wobbling (which I haven't noticed, but told by the Fiat SA) at high speeds. Planning to fix the problem by installing Hub Centric Rings.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I would advise you to look elsewhere also to pinpoint the issue of wobbling and pulling.

Our Palio 1.9D is running on 100PCD ( most probably) 14" rims without Hub centric rings or wobble bolts , but even at speeds of 120+ , it does not show any signs of a wobble or pulling.

Do get the wheel balancing and the alignment re-checked and check the tyres for deformities ( bulges etc) , if any.

Gurjinder.
  8. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    I would definitely try to find some solution once I am back in India. I have noticed the pulling, a bit more than other Puntos. The reason told by the TASS guys was that the tyres have been upgraded and thus its pulling more than the ones with the regular OE tyres. Can anyone confirm this reason please? I will pay a visit to Ashoka Tyres and see if they can find the root cause, else Cyberdoctorind has suggested some one else who is supposed to be an expert but an arrogant guy. But again probably Cyberdoctorind will be abroad when am back.
  9. kiran or should i collect your car and met cyberdoctorind??
    upgrading the tyres does not cause increased pulling.. even i upgraded my tyres. it might e a reason that air in the side which you are feeling the pull is less. or the wheel is out of balance..
    you should have driven my car when the wheel was bent..
  10. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Thankyou Srikar, but I don't want to trouble you guys. You are not in Hyderabad on weekdays and if you are, then you are the busiest bee .... I ever saw. Shiva is no where seen on TFI these days. Has he already left for US?