1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not till the day our roads become as smooth as those of the German Autobahns.;)

Till then, higher profile rubber is the way to go. Ride comfort is much more important than looks and i hope you dont realise it the hard way.

Stick to 14" with high profile rubber.

Gurjinder.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Let me put it this way.

If you already have the 16", keep it and drive carefully. Don't drive hard into potholes
    If you are planning to go for it, then stop and save the money
  3. actually your comfort levels of the ride will come down drastically.
    try not to get these 16" even the tyres will be expensive..
    it is worth saving and spending the same money on other mods for the visual chick look
  4. rsujir

rsujir

Mumbai
    MJD GP Steering noise

Hi Fiat Fans,

My MJD GP has done 16000kms, since the past week I have been getting this wierd cracking(thudding) sound when I turn my steering wheel, this gets bigger on uneven roads. Am a little worried as this is the first complain I've had on my babe and am a lil disturbed :mad:. This is a Oct '09 model.
    Is this a problem with the rack pinion or the power steering hydraulics, I have the extended warranty, is this covered? Any gyaan on this highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Raj
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Looks like the elastic pad on the front suspension needs to be changed. Take it to TASS and get it replaced under warranty.
    This is a known issue and I just replaced mine earlier this week.
  6. rsujir

rsujir

Mumbai
    Thanks Roy, how long would this take, is it a 1 day thing or would it take longer?
  7. Manav

Manav

CHANDIGARH
    Front Alloys turning black

I often noticed that the front alloys of my car used to look a little darker than the rear ones . i always found very fine black coloured powder ( or layer of black residue ) on the front alloys whcih i easily cleaned with the cloth and the alloy comes back to the normal color . i was wondering what could be the reason . Discussed with a few friends . One of them faced the same problem with his fiesta . He said that the black powder comes from the disc pads when we brake hard. Has any one else faced a similar problem.
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Everyone here faces this problem ....
    Called brake dust ...
    Seen more on Fiat cars [ due to softer compound of the brake pads - provides better braking performance but has less life ] ....
  9. +1 dilip
    you can clean them easily with water and a little rubbing with cloth.
    there are some sprays which repel the brake dust from sitting on the wheels and make them look clean.
    they need to be regularly reapplied though
  10. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2