1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: PUNTO Pulling Left ???

Mescotc,
    Don't keep it in your mind that Punto is going to pull towards left. After hearing this, whenever i drove my car i got the feeling that it is pulling left. Then I called my friend and asked him to test for left pulling using the method mentioned by PaddleShifter. For him, there were no issues.

I am not telling that its not an issue, but certainly not a general problem.

Happy Puntoing

--Rajeev
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

^^ wheel alignment.

And it is not a "fix" because by calling it a "fix" you are assuming that the problem comes with the car. Wheel alignment, rotation as per schedule should be done.

We have many owners here who have completed 25k+ running on their cars and they have not reported this problem.

So don't worry.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I think you got it wrong. This issue is not with all Punto, but with few exceptions.
    And others already replied, pulling left/right depends on so many factors. Keep alignment proper, nothing to worry.
  4. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Re: Punto Pulling towards left

Hey Nithindev ,

Is ur problem of Left pulling sorted out ?

Atul
  5. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Hi,
    The problem is not appearing now at all. I am maintaining proper pressure in the tyres.. So I guess initially it appearing because of low tyre pressure..
    Sorry for not updating the status on this thread..
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

MODS - Thread Merged.
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

well i had a tough time with this issue... Pulling toward left and also my Steering wasnt straight... 5 wheel alignments done still no go.. FInally a smart ass at wasan helped me fix this 4 months ago and its perfect now.. Its completely a miss in alignment..
  8. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Hi Guys,
    Last week I had left my car for service and I reported this problem of slight pulling to left to the SA.. He carried out wheel alignment and balancing and gave me back the car.. Initially I felt things have fallen in place and the car is fine.. Over the weekend I took the car out for a drive to Tumkur.. I noticed that once I crossed 80KMPH the steering was wobbly.. :A .. I have given the car back to the service center again today reporting the problem.. The SA has just called me and told that he is unable to solve the problem and he asked me for a days time.. Any pointers guys?? Keeping my fingers crossed.. Please help..
  9. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Nitin, take the car to Tyre Professional near Basavangudi (had recommended earlier) , am sure they will be able to fix it. While I'm impressed with their equipment level, they are trained professionals and offered me the technical terms with their calibration and so on. Worth the visit if you are in/around south Bangalore....
  10. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

I am leaving the car today with them. If nothing happens till tomorrow. I will take the car to the place you suggested. But I am little startled to find out its been so difficult for them to diagnose the problem.