1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. @srikar -- my pleasure to assist.

Before re throughing the alloy

After re-through

2. sorry for the bad angled Pics guys.
    was in a hurry. will post better pics later....
  3. High Resolution Photographs upload !!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304432960.547623.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304433046.916129.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304433249.154077.jpg
  4. thanks for uplading the images sir.
    better pics will be uploaded tomorrow.
    sorry for the delay.
  5. bcbiradar

bcbiradar Timido

Count me for any kind of support. I am also facing similar problem problem (all 4 wheels). I pushed hard to insurance guy and claimed 2 front alloy wheels, but rear 2 are still having comparitively less offset. dont know what to do?
  6. It's an easy job to get them fixed. Where are you based?
  7. bcbiradar

bcbiradar Timido

Namma Bengaluru. Thanks for quick reply cyberdoctorind
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  8. Sir, just enquire with some wheel thruing guys in b'lore and you should get some leads. The way it is done is the alloy is mildly heated at the place where the bend is noticable and they beat it into shape. This process can be done for the first time w/o any side effects on the alloy (ready integrity etc). I say this on the basis of my tyrst with this process for my Palio alloys which have travelled more than 40k kms after this process
  9. +1 cyberdoctorind

The wheel is heated a little and beaten back to shape. absolute perfect.
    think it can be done only once though to maintain the strength of the wheel I guess.
    After getting the wheel throughed, I put it in the front Right side to understand the wheel better if its imperfect or what ever.
    But its ultimate.
    there is no vibration coming into the steering wheel at all.
    the steering is rock solid like before(A brand New Wheel)
  10. @cyberdoctorind

Not sure whether its picture angle but the correct one seem not form perfect circular ring. Do check whehter that is not loosing its share after clocking some kms.

Hope I can get some time to check my and take some snaps/video!!!