1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @gvm: Is this flashing non-regular circle visible on the alloy or the tyre side walls? Issues with all four alloys is surely a first. I don't think I've seen many people reporting issues with FIAT OEM alloys.
  2. You are bang on !!!! The alloys of Fiat are imported from brazil. At some point Hindalco used to manufacture the Palio alloys for a very short duration. These Brazilian alloys are very soft and get easily bent from the inner side due to bad roads. A high speed stint on rough patches is all that is necessary for the alloys to assume a not so circlic shape in the inside. After Tata has colloborated with Fiat the cost has risen from 4500 to 7400 to 9900.
  3. these prices are ridiculous.

any idea if we can get wheels with the same design in the european markets??
    if yes will they be of a harded material or still softer compund?
  4. Good question, you have better designs in the European Market. Regarding the strength I believe they should be similar as the roads there are butter smooth
  5. any sugesstion of the hardest alloy material with which wheels can be made?
    like no damage or minimal damage even on heavy impact???
    or ami becoming a bit too obsessed???
  6. @nkapoor777 - The non-regular circle is seen in alloy inner wall on rotation. Oops I should have taken a video when they showed me!
  7. Revert to steel rims which according to my experience are the strongest ;-)
  8. but steel rims
    i cant put those black rims.
    need to get them painted silver or white.
    if thats the only option available.
    that would be done very shortly.
    and put these rims in my store room for future use.

no oz or bbs have strong wheels??
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Srikar- Rims are black but the wheel covers are silver. One can get the Linea's new wheel covers that look like T-JET's alloys!!
  10. how much might the rims and the covers cost?
    any idea?
    i want wheel covers which atleast look like those of the jet.
    was searching for the same design in 15 but couls not find them.
    but now this is the perfect time to change the wheels i guess