1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @gvm- Another option aprt from repair is to get Punto alloys in the aftermarket (sometimes they are available). You can get 4 alloys for close to Rs10k which is a wonderful alternative for those who do not want to claim insurance or are finding it difficult to claim it.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

@ PS ... I am interested in having one Alloy for my Spare Tyre... if you are interested along with others can we buy this from Aftermarket ..2.5k is a very affordable compared 9k...what say?
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @Cubbie: Count me in! Dilip would also want a fifth one once he goes for alloys. We can gang up and buy a set of four and save on costs.
  4. Thanks everyone for replying.

I should first get comfirmation from FIAT that changing alloy/tyre will fix the issue (don't want to be dupped by spending money!)
  5. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Front Right Wheel Sound

I just got the delivery of my Punto 1.4 Emo Pk yesterday and on my way home I was able to hear some sound from the right wheel when there were small humps or certain portion of the road not being good, else the ride was pretty good and even the wheel balancing seems fine as the car travels straight after releasing the steering.
    I had got a person from the Showroom with me all the way home to make sure that he knows of certain issues that might come up while driving, he said that this could be due to high tyre pressure on the right front wheel and he has also updated the Sales team at the showroom.

I need suggestions and Input from Team Fiat
  6. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

7. linea pulling to right

I have purchased a linea tjet two months back. Have done only 700 kms.From the beginning there is a distinct pulling towards the right. I have twice done the alignment but am not satisfied.Even when I hold the steering lightly, I can feel the pressure of it turning to the right.Sometimes when I apply the brake and the car is on the right side of the road, I can feel pressure of the steering turning to the right.This does not happen when the car is on the left hand side of the road.Can anybody throw some light on this? Will be of great help.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

1. You should've brought this to the notice of the dealer when taking delivery or during Pre delivery inspection.

2. IF the alignment has been done twice and still its not going straight , then it can be other issues like suspension / brakes etc.

Get the car to your Dealer ASAP. Ask him to set your T-JET right and under warranty. Its your right.

9. HarishSegar

The Same issue occurs in my Tjet too. Checked alignment and that's correct. There is a slight tug towards right and it requires a very slight constant correctionto left while driving. Strangely, this disappears after crossing 80 on roads like expressway. In city roads, it needs correction.
  10. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Hello all,
    Though i dont have a linea but a punto 90hp , but I too face a similar problem . In fact I dont know whether this is normal.
    The fact is that in order to drive in a straight line I have to keep the steering wheel turned left in a slight angle (i.e. the angle between the spokes , [the one which have the audio buttons] and the horizontal line) has to be kept at around 10 deg . If this is not followed the car steers towards the right . Previously this was arount 30 degrees. I have tried on various roads just to remove the banking action of the road , if any. After the wheel alignment at Oberoi cars, noida this is now 10 degreed but still not 0. I want to know is this is normal. Should I insist at the service center to further set the slignment to make the angle as "0" or this 10 degree stuff is ok. Can it cause any damage anywhere ? please enlighten.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011