1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Re: Bubling on slow speed.

the same thing happened to me..@20-30 km speed my car started bubling but it was corrected after getting the right amount of Air-pressure in the tires.
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Re: Bubling on slow speed.

Air pressure is not the culprit as I've checked it 3-4 times.

Regards,
    Nitin
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Warrantee of Shock Absorber

After doing some struggle, :punch got front Sturts in warrantee. :)

I changed stabiliser bar at my own cost.

SHOCK ABSORBER FRONT LH DSL 59089793 Rs.1235/- Warrantee

SHOCK ABSORBER FRONT RH DSL 59089795 Rs.1600/- Warrantee

Torsion BAR Rs.1315/- paid

Right hand sturt is costly than LH :confused

Is there anyone who can clarify ? :anyone
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

I think its to do with some parts made in Turkey (outside India) while some made in India...
    There was a discussion recently on specific side parts not made in India.
  5. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai

Hey that's strange - I was told by the service advisor that the warranty for FIAT's suspension is 80000 kms and has the best suspension system. He also said that in FIAT if there is any problem in the suspension then it gets covered in warranty.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

KM criteria is for TAXI vehicle. Not for Private cars.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Both sturts are made in India by ENDURANCE. But name of COFEP is also mentioned. Means ENDURANCE might have done collibration with COFEP . COFEP is Brazilian brand. All 2011 car comes with Indian sturts now.
  8. Have heard about alloy crack but NOT bending -- is this true???

Facing with a major issue of premature tyre worn out. The issue started with whobbling feeling when crosseing 80km/hr by 6000kms. Doing tyre aligment fixed this at multiple times.

Logged this during my first service at 15000KM but found nothing (probably alignment check fixed it) and by 21000 the tyre shredded to half. Managed to cross 26000KM with this issue but by this time it was unbearable and logged a complaint with FIAT.

They promtly called and requested service centre to check the issue. The car was given for insepection but things got delayed for 3 weeks as GoodYear team was not able to come for inspection. After all this delay, they told the front two alloys are damaged and there is slgiht bend!!!.

If I plan to change these 2 alloys, can I claim insurance (FIAT alloy is 9k each!)?
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Alloys can bend. Particularly when going thro' a deep pothole in speed. Our member geeash faced this in his Linea quite early. I think it can be claimed in Insurance, not sure though.
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yes insurance can be claimed. I had a bent alloy (noticed it when the odo read 9k) and got it repaired here in Delhi (fab job done). Odo is now at 34k and no issues at all and the tyre should still last 10k or more easily.