1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Re: Punto Pulling towards left

Another two factors:

4) Check Air preassure
    5) If the air preassure is low check for Punctures.

This happened to me(the left side pulling), I immediately check the air preassure, it was low went to the puncture shop & found that there was a big screw in the front left tyre, after retification the pulling to the left ceased & back to normal. ::D
  2. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Welcome Nitin ! If you can't wait, go to Tyre Professional and get the wheel balancing done. Wouldn't cost more than 300 Rs. I'm suggesting TP just because you are @ Bangalore and they are best out here. (near Basavangudi)

http://www.madhus.com/tyreprofessional.html
  3. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Thank you Naren and arulvr for the replies. I guess I will check the tyre pressure now and monitor for a week. Then I will take a call on whether to visit the tyre expert or not..
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Nitin,

You could get your wheel balancing done at any reputed tyre shop/agency. However, I suggest that you get your alignment checked only by the TATA/FIAT workshop.

Please refer my thread on the subject "Wheel alignment - Punto" in Technical section.

Johnny
  5. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    PUNTO Pulling Left ???

Hi All,

Having had the opportunity to read the forum , I found a "SERIOUS" problem with some punto's that the vehicle pulls towards left ?

I've booked punto 1.3MJD last week for its safety aspect , but if there is a ? on safety aspect , Its dangerous.

Could any one guide me , how to ensure that my vehicle doesn't have this problem ?

Initially During Inspection ( before registration ) if at all there there is no problem , could this problem arise in future ?

I suppose this is a serious mechanical fault , which I doubt could not be corrected ( if at all this problem exists in any car )

Pls. help me tackle this problem.

Atul
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: PUNTO Pulling Left ???

I don't think its a general problem. Yes some of the owners has reported the issue, but certainly its not common issue.

If the wheel alignment and balancing is done properly, tires are rotated as per instruction, nothing to worry.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi. First of all, every car has/had lemons in its lifetime. e.g. VW Polo owner has reported turbo failue in his new Polo. No car is immune. Likewise, we had two incidents of pulling problem in Punto till date.

Pulling could be due to many factors (road condition, tyre pressure, alignment and balancing). Only thing to worry about is some serious mechanical fault.

Here is how to avoid it:
    - Before registration/buying the car, ask them for a short test drive. First, ensure that tyre pressure is correct and equal on both sides(right and left).
    - Then choose a smoothest possible road(not the ones with potholes etc)
    - Drive at normal speed of 30-40kmph on this road, balance the steering so that car is moving straight. Now, let go of the steering. If all is well, then it wont or slowly start going towards left/right depending upon road and your accuracy in balancing the car. If you feel that pulling is quite significant, ask them to check balancing and alignment of the wheels and retry.
    - The ones that have serious mechanical fault can be easily felt even while holding the steering. It will tend to pull towards one side. (as per Maruti owner that had this problem. That guy had 10+ visits at Maruti service center but couldn't get that rectified).

Do not worry. Punto does not have general pulling problem. It would have been a hot news everwhere had this been the case. People love to find excuses to bash Fiat brand. Maybe some 2 cars had it.
  8. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

I forgot to mention, The TD car also had the problem of " left pulling " , but since my friend was driving on my behalf (as I dont know driving ), and he has a Swift , so I ignored his remark.
  9. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

unequal length axles rotating at different rpms
  10. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

Thanks Mandeep for ur Detailed Guidance,
    You said it that this problem occurs with almost all of the puntos , The difference only being the extent of left pulling is Higher & Lower in some vehicles.
    Any solution to fix this ? At least to keep it to a minimum level.