1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Bubling on slow speed.

How many km you clocked. Some times new tyres acts like this.

And it could be due to any wheel balancing issue also. If your car/tyres are new,then rebalance the wheels & wait for min.100 KM use.

Recently I changed tyres of my GP. I installed Goodyear Duraplus. That time I also noticed bubling effect.

But bubling disappeared after using car for some 20-30 KM.

I saw a brand new car (Unbilled) which was tremendiously pulling.So new car also may need balancing & alignment.
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Bhai, my car is not new and clocked 21K + so far with stock tyres. I've gone through balancing and alignment too. Concern is that it happenes only between 20-30 kph.
  3. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

@nitinkumardba: here are some possible reasons....

1. There is a difference in the tyre-treed on both left and right front. Why? you may have changed any front tyre with the spare on in case of a flat tyre. (Precisely thats the reason I keep on telling people why they should always opt for 5 tyre rotation.)

2. Uneven tread wear

3. Did you hit any pothole? This may cause wheel to bend and this can do some dancing of its own.

4. IF you are using a tyre that has a blister... or a repaired tyre with substandard repairing work then this could be the possible reason.

If you can tell me what could be the issue based upon above comments....I can suggest a possible remedy.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Then wait till evening. Iam going to office. I will update at evening.
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Bhai Thank you for kind suggestion.

Answers:
    1- I've not used spare tyre so far and still taking rest in boot.

2- Yes one of my tyre has uneven tread wear- My left rear tyre was eaten from outer edge. UASC told me that Punto has tendency to eat this tyre from outer side. Me to ovserved this by looking at least 4-5 Active models and I found the person very true. However, he was able to resolve this issue by putting a small ring on inner side of the bolts which tie you brake drum. Before this me too find that tyre was directed towards innerside on the front. After this treatment, position was perfect and have not noticed this bubling and more tyre burn since then. I would like to inform you that this treatment was given around 5k kms back.

3- Not a pathhole but I met with an accident when I banged into an Innove. I noticed bubling after this accident. I took my car to SC but they said its normal.

4- Tyre is not repaired but all of my tyres have some short of uneven sidewall exactly on the place where from thread starts. This too was told very much normal in JK tyre. I personnaly checked couple of Puntos and Swift as both comes with JK Tornado. I dound this in all most every tyre. I never used my spare wheel and it there in that one too.

I am not sure about alignment after at the time of accidental repair but balancing was done infront of me only.
  6. Re: Bubling on slow speed.

Nitin Bhai i am facing a similar kind of issue. When i apply brakes withing the speed of 40-80 steering gives a shake. If i hold it tight then i dont feel it. However if it is a soft grip then the shake is there. I noticed this around 100 km/h as well.....
    Got the alignment and balancing done dont know how many times. Any suggestions.....
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Karan how much kms have your car done?
    Most probably it's time to replace brake pads
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

His is a Dec'10 car .... Brake pad replacement so soon ??? :eek:

Maybe brake pads need some adjustment !!! Or der maybe some other problem !

Dlp
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

First thing I'll do whenever I'll go to SC, I'll ask them to change all four tyres and a test drive than. If I see improvement , I'll follow tyre change to another brand immediatly.

JK Tornado is just like :A
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi

I think thats a good idea. On tornados, my story goes like this. Back in 2004, when I was taking delivery of the WagonR, I refused to pick up the car with Tornados on it and insisted they change it to Bridgestone or MRF's at least. They had to agree otherwise I would have taken the cheque back and moved on. That should tell you how much I love these Tornados!!!