1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Negetive Camber Angle ?

To Paddleshifter & AXN

Sir do you have service manual of GP ? If yes Then I will make :dancing

MAy I get this valuable document ?
  2. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

NEXT TIME YOU ARE IN DELHI, PM ME.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Delhi ? Delhi is near about 1100 KM away from my hometown.

I don't think we can meet so soon.

Site administrator has disabled my permission to send PM/mail.

Will you please your mail-Id. So that we will plan how to send Service Manual.

You can send me it via Courier/Registered Parcel. I am ready to pay expenses. My mail is pulsarbhai@rediff.com
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Goodyear Duraplus is it trustworthy ?

When my car goes on pothole or rough road,there is hammering effect on front wheels.
    Except sturt & stabiliser bar bush front suspension is all new.

Is this due to Goodyear Duraplus ? I am going to swap tyres of my M Dzire to check this. My DDiS has JK

My GP had also JK. After swaping I will update about Ride quality of Goodyear.
  5. Re: Negetive Camber Angle ?

I think the author of the book is CP Nakra not CN NAKRA ::O
  6. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

Bangalore
    Brake pad replacement

hi all

During my Punto's 2nd service 15000km, I had to change the brake pads, as i was told that it got wornout and requires replacement. My quiery is does brake pad wear out in just 15000km to an extent requiring replacement...? as such I dont do my much harsh drving....maximum city driving requiring frequent Braking..... my service guy was tellin that this is frequently seen on puntos.... is that true......? & is it normal...? :?:

safe driving....

Manoj.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: Brake pad replacement

looking at the brake dust that gets accumulated on my alloys, no wonder brake pads on fiat cars have very poor life. there are so many complains of brake pads wearing out within 20000 kms.

they should atleast last 35-40k. the brake pads on my alto lasted 65k kms still they had life though i preferred to change them.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Re: Brake pad replacement

The front brake pads are still Italian and may be the softness of it is responsible for the brilliant braking. However I have got mine changed at 27,000 Kms At the 3rd service, my cars rear brake linings as per TASC was still good for another 15k kms !! . It is not an easy job for FIAT to change the nature of the brake pad I feel as any harder they make it, it will also require the disc to have a different material and it may also result in altering the the way the Punto brakes

Abdul
  9. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    Alignment specification for Punto

I had been experiencing the infamous left pulling problem on my Punto for quite some time. Though it wasn't sever, I still took her to a local tire dealer last month for alignment as I was about to go for a long trip. Did the alignment - The dealer seemed to be aware of the Punto left pulling problem and said it was an inherent problem with the GT3. After the alignment, didn't see the left pulling issue and did my long trip (~1000 kms in total). I use the car only on weekends and primarily on the Chennai by-pass road (Between Tambaram & Ambattur). I am not sure how to explain this but for the last couple of weeks I see that there is something that's not correct with the car dynamics when I cross the 100 km/hr mark. Either this road has worsened recently, or there's something that's wrong with the alignment that makes me feel that the car is kind of floating and feel the bumps on the road. The attached alignment report is also kind of giving me the odd feeling of something wrong. Could somebody kindly share their alignment report so that I can compare it with mine.
    Thanks.

DSC03104.JPG
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Re: Alignment specification for Punto

On the outer ring road from Tambaram towards Ambattur I felt the same. The road has worsened a lot in the couple of months and surface is very much uneven. I've a copy of my recent wheel alignment done from Lal's @ Whites Road will upload it once I reach home.