1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Re: one alloy damaged .what to do

Claim insurance.... Since you drive 90HP, i am sure it is less than yr old and you get max from insurance... That will be the best and cheapest deal for you...After the insurance claim is processed, try and get the damaged alloy from the service center and get it repaired and keep it as spare wheel...
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

::pP I am not sure if that is possible. After insurance claim, the damaged item becomes the property of insurance company and they may sell it off as scrap. However if it is available with the workshop, no problem in trying to get it back ::V
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

The insurance company generally leaves the changed parts with the service centers itself... Very few miser companies take the scrap parts with them :)
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: My Punto issues - pulling left & gear shift

Dealer checked the front sturts. The stain of oil leakege is now become more big.
    Still dealer is not ready to give replacement. :A

At the time of suspension job under insurance claim,dealer had not done fitting properly. So there was too much negative Camber Angle. Now Pulling problem solved now.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Negetive Camber Angle ?

Hi

Genearlly Motor Vehicle has positive Camber Angle.

This Ref. is from "Basic Automobile Engineering" book written by Prof. C. N. Nakra.

Alignment Machine of my dealer contains default & Target reading of camber angle in negetive figures.

I have seen first car (Grande Punto) which has negetive Camber Angle setting. :confused

When there is negetive camber angle there is possibility of faulty shock-absorber & bent part of suspension.

I don't have any faith on my dealer. He is so pathetic that he can purposly input the default figure of camer angle in negetive format to canvassing that All is OK. :devil

Is there anyone who can post imge of Wheel Alignment reading print out ? :anyone

So I can confirm that really GP has negetive Camber Angle.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Negetive Camber Angle ?

Even mine camber reading, from outside TASC, is in negative. For both front and rear axle are in negative.
    I will try to scan and upload.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Goodyear Duraplus is it trustworthy ?

@ Roy J

I replaced whole brake fluid. Didn't show much differance in braking after changing brake oil & brake bleeding.

Because technician bleeded only front brake. :A

Dealer is so bogus & pathetic that he never do any job upto full satisfaction. :A
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

In case of any warrantee issue TASS will not entertain any outside reading.
    I want alignment report generated at TAAS not report of outside alignment centre.
    If camber angle figures are negetive as per TASS ,then it is ALL IS WELL

BTW scan & upload it. I will check it. If there is differant in reading then I can fire the dealer. :boxer
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Bhai, why don't you send a mail to Fiat's serice mail ID and get the confirmation.
  10. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

Bhai,

From service manual of punto, the values are as follows:

Front wheel camber (degrees)

-27’ +/- 20’
    (Standard A)
    1.3 Multijet 75 CV

the SManual courtesy Paddleshifter.
    may be you can make some head and tail out of this information.