1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Goodyear Duraplus is it trustworthy ?

Hi

I just replaced all 4 tyres make Goodyear Duraplus 165 80 R 14

After installing it,I found that car is became little bit bumpy.So I visited dealer.
    After some discussion he advised me to run the car for some km.If problem persist he agreed that he will give replacement to Appollo Amazer

I used car for 10-20 KM. Bump gone. So I cancelled to replace the Goodyear.
    But after using Goodyear Duraplus for further 100 KM I think they are little bit hard as compare to my stock JK .
    Is there anyone who is using Goodyear Duraplus ? :anyone
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: Goodyear Duraplus is it trustworthy ?

@bhai
    Duraplus for sure is hard tyre that is why company says it lasts upto 1 lac kms or more.
  3. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    Re: PUNTO TYRES DEFLATED

Hey!

I know what u're going thru, my Punto was just 10 days old when sum jealous bugger punctured my right rear tyre from the side (two very small - milimeter sized holes). :hit After talking to my showroom guy and as per his suggestion, I took it to South Delhi Tyres in Yusuf Sarai. The shop owner said he can put tape in the tyre (since it's a tubelsess tyre) but that won't solve the problem for long. So he put a tube in it and said it'll be fine and normal (even the FIAT workshop guy said the same thing)...although the manual suggests that you should not put tube in tubeless tyres.

I'd suggest you try and repair the sides of the tyres with the puncture repair, or else put tube in them (if you're fine with this option). If you do not want to put tube in the tyres, I guess you'll have to buy them, which'd be quite expensive (I think it's around Rs. 3200 per tyre).
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I compared the Bridgestone with Goodyear with inflated tyre. I found that Bridgestone is more hard than Goodyear.

Today I realigned wheel & rebalanced at authorised Bridgestone Showroom at my hometown.On rough road,bumps lowered.The dealer Darshan Tyres,Karve Road,Pune had not done alignment & balancing proper. I think Duraplus will give more comfortable ride after using some more km.Cause Goodyear is always famous for Ride Comfort.

As per interview by Mr.Singh of Goodyear published in Autocar June 2009,he has stated that Goodyear has produced Duraplus without making it hard & without compromising Handling & comfort level.
    I had read somewhere that due to some chemicle coating,new tyres did not give grip & comfort till the initial run-in period over.I will update after using some more KM.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Bhai, how is the braking efficiency with these tyres?
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Before replacing tyres,I was facing some brake problem.So first I will do brake job then update the brake performance on Goodyear. At this stage braking is as good as stock JK.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: My Punto issues - pulling left & gear shift

Iam facing problem of left pulling. I done alignment for 4 times. But could not solved. Alignment mechanic told me that problem is defective Camber Angle. Genearlly Motor Vehicle has positive Camber Angle.
    I also checked range of Camber Angle. Too much negetive Camber Angle is there. :thumbs down

This is due to defective Shock-Absorber. At the time of renovation of Front Suspension under Insurance claim,I found one Sturt has minor oil leakege. I insisted to replace but dealer denied it. The dealer in my city is horrible pathetic. Bogus & Fraudlent Dealer.

He might have thought that after some days he will get chance one more chance to overhaul suspension & one more chance to get suspension labour charges. So he purposly neglected issue. Now I have to overhaul front suspension again.

This is very bad that FIAT has no control on these types of Cunning Dealers. :A :A
  8. Rupinder

Rupinder

Ludhiana
    one alloy damaged .what to do

dear fiatians,
    3 days back my punto went off the kerb when i had to swerve to avoid a sudden lane changing truck .the road was bit elevated and the left front tyre hit hard .soon i felt the steering to get hard . i stopped the car and saw front flat. immediately changed the spare tyre . then i saw that the alloy is bent. later on the tyre guy told that the tyre is also damged.
    so now what to do .
    will the fiat change it under warranty . i contacted the manager abd he said that it accidental damage u can claim insurance but will not be replaced.
    so
    1 claim insurance and get a new tyre from fiat.

2 get the bent removed and use it for the rear wheel.not on the front as they face more of the weight and stress of the car.

3. i am getting a used set of linea alloys for 7 k .the alloys are ok with minor scratches which are not visible from far and even they can be painted with silver paint. outside no body is giving me a single new alloy of punto although they are available but only as set. or should i wait for a used punto alloys and change that only ,they are not available with any tyre guy in ludhiana
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Re: one alloy damaged .what to do

You should be able to claim insurance for the alloy wheel. The tyre will not get much from insurance and you will have to buy on your own.
  10. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Re: one alloy damaged .what to do

@Rupinder

Can you post a pic ...that will help us assess the damage properly.