1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. knightrider

knightrider

Pune
    Re: 1.3 MJD: Torque steer problem

"Actually I can feel the texture of the surface I am moving on". That exactly sums up my experience too. And I too am not comfortable with it. Besides, if the texture has a hard bump, the steering rotates an inch or two upon hitting that bump.

Redbull - Can you confirm if this happens with your car too ?
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

knight , i believe it is quite normal.

for eg: a person using electronic power steering will always complain the fiat steerings . if one happen to transit from manual steerings he will love fiat and fiat steering only. nothing else.

even i too sometime feel disturbed sometimes it feels like rattling or vibration gets too much while on rough roads .but that is what is it designed for .

when i come over the bump even i feel the turn in steering wheel but afaik it is quite normal as long as there no abnormal noise or drag towards any of the sides.

if still you feel there is something wrong with your steering try to contact any of tfi member from pune and have a small time exchange of your vehicle for a test drive and observe how it is..that would be best thing rather than going to service centre.
    as the service personnel will predictably say this is normal and et all to save his time.
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

inch or two definitely not. But I can feel the front wheel taking the beating. The felling on the steering is not a jolt but more appropriate word would be "feedback", although I am not sure whether it was intended. Apart from that, I can feel the difference on road surface which I cannot make out with my eyes.

Also there was mild wobbling initially at 90, but after the suspension was "run-in" on NH66 by the lunar potholes, it seems to have almost died down. Could not make it out on Chennai - Bangalore even though I mostly did 90-100 may be sometimes 110 max. May be wheel balancing needed.
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

Yes, I have to constantly switch between i10 (Petrol, EPS, Automatic Transmission) and Punto (Diesel, HPS, Manual) ::V
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

redbull ,

if you dont mind tell us the difference at high speeds for the same.
  6. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India

hi
    i have been going through all these posts.
    one thing noteworthy is that this problem of yours is prominent with a lot of puntos around. the main reason being unequal length drive shafts rotating at different rpms and a lousy set of tires.
    the car suspension is already too soft. couple it to unequal driveshafts and third rate tires with lousy road behaviour and very soft sidewalls. the problem becomes more visible.
    change to tires with a stiffer sidewall and you will not have that problem.
    i used to have the same feeling with the goodyear gt3s. now with the yoko avs decibels all thats felt is grip grip and more grip.
    drive safe and wear a seatbelt.
  7. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

Don't know. Probably I am not the right guy to ask this question as I do not like to play gymnastics with my cars. I love them too much and I love myself too :mrgreen: Frankly I don't have to adjust myself too much rotating the cars. Both have light steering. Both have good road feedback. May be the i10 cannot corner at too high a speed, but then you don't know at what speed you are cornering in Punto. ::D
  8. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

Got my wheels balanced today. All feedback has disappeared. ::D
  9. koshish

koshish

New Delhi
    PUNTO TYRES DEFLATED

Dear Everybody,

Somebody deflated 3 nos. tyres of my parked vechile PUNTO under my house. Front two vechiles and right side rear weels have been deflated.

I lodged the compalint to Delhi Police they accept my compalint and yet to made the enquiry at my house, I have yet to receive the NCR (Non Congnizable Report) from Delhi Police.

Okay leave this part now What should I do can any body sugest the solution.

A. Part - Repair the Tyres
    B. Part - Should replace the typres through Insurance

Hope everybody will contribution to solution.

Regards,
    Kosh
    ====
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: PUNTO TYRES DEFALTED

Is there physical damage on the tyre or was air leaked through the valve ?

If there is no physical damage there is no question of repair or replace. Just re-fill and you are good to go.