1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: 1.3 MJD: Torque steer problem

torque steer is nothing related to steering issue. you have misunderstood it.
    it happens when too much of power is given to tires ,for example when you give full acceleration car shoots like instantly so the road grip may become unbalanced on each tires so the the car does not go straight ahead rather wobbles or steers a little bit depending upon the conditon of tires or road surface.

on pothole you will find steering movements from 5 mm to 15mm also, as this is very specially built steering in punto which gives near perfect feedbacks of how tire is interacting with road. many people find it uncomfortable with the vibration of roads felt on steering but many find it as charming as lively feel.

but do not if your tires have some serious bent or uneveness that would also show up in steering movements or it may wobble which may not be felt by you in the cabin due to outstanding suspensions. so better give a proper and thourough attention if you feel something is fishy.

to conclude torque steering has nothing to do with steering assy or steering systems of a car it is self steered due to power of engine moving the tire due to too much force ar torque.

cheers
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

normally enthusiasts appreciates and loves torque steers, even i do love it,though it is not very advantageous or safe but it shows how powerful your heart of engine is.

my punto90hp shows incredible torque steer if i reved upto 4000rpm at first gear and release the clutch quickly. it feels scary and sometimes .

it is to be noted fgt punto have maximum torque at 1750rpm where as punto 90hp vgt has max torque at 4000rpm hope figure shows how fierce it is. :)
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

No Wrong Man ! Punto 90 HP has max torque @2000 RPM
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: My Punto issues - pulling left & gear shift

If Clutch is giving Jerk then I doubt that they have might not have replaced Pressure Plate.
    wheather dealer has mentioned Replacement of Pressure Plate on you bill ?

If yes then problem is in Clutch Slave Cylinder.

Dealer might have done only lubrcation of clutch shaft to make free movment of you Pressure Plate.
    So your problem of gear shifting is solved on temporary basis.

After some days you will face same problem (Hard Gear shift)

Insist the dealer to replace complete Clutch Assly + Clutch Slave cylinder also.

50 % gear shift problems are due to faulty Clutch Slave Cylinder (located on Gear Box)
  6. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune

Yes the clutch pressure plate has indeed been replaced. I was present in the workshop and myself saw the clutch plate being replaced with new one.

Will check the car for few days for clutch and then lets see. If problem persists, I will get the clutch slave cylinder replaced.
  7. redbull

redbull

Bangalore

I don't find steering move on potholes, but I definitely feel the road on my hands. Actually I can feel the texture of the surface I am moving on - I must confess I do not find this to be a comfortable feeling.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

@bhai
    are you amolmane. Your style of writing is same as of amolmane.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

HPS of Punto is most perfect in all hatchbacks in India. Superb Steering Feedback.
    It has a great combination of hardness & smoothness. Other EPS of i-20/swift are vague.
    EPS of i-20 & swift are over assisted & like a joystic of Video Game. No Steering Feedback.
  10. knightrider

knightrider

Pune

javadev you are right with your clarification. Guess I used the wrong phrase to describe what I am observing. Guess 'torque steer' is not the right phrase to describe it. I thought 'torque steer' meant the torque that you, as a driver, feel on the steering. But seems like it is steering effect due to the torque on the front wheels. And although I have experienced it when I accelerate hard, that definitely is not the thing that is bothering me now.