1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Uneven wear of 3 tyres.

Two days back I visited Elegant Cars to check underbody of my car. At that time , service advisor noted uneven wear of tyres. He checked and found 3 of them having problem.

He took my car to check alignement but it was absolutly fine. However , 2nd service was done around 12-13 days back and might be allignement was corrected at that time as a checkpoint.

I never felt abnormal left\right pulling.

I've a question for you guys, is it possible to have uneven wear of tyres even in case allignement is ok?
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: Uneven wear of 3 tyres.

i ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM .. rEAR LEFT TYRE IS WEARING OUT FROM OUTER EDGES UNEVENLY .....
  4. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Re: Uneven wear of 3 tyres.

All the answers to your tyre problems are in the link given by Royj, very informative link Royj.
  5. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,
    I am new to this forum. Recently I bought a Punto MJD Emotion. The car seems to be pulling towards the left. If I leave the steering on an empty straight line path the car steering turns towards the left automatically. Anyone else faced this problem? Any pointers to get this fixed?
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Punto Pulling towards left

Hi Nitin,
    Welcome to TFI. ::T

How much pull d you experience? Is it gradual and slight or significant?
    It could be due to many reasons:

It is normally seen as well because our straight roads are usually banked(raised slightly) towards right side so that rain water flows through the left hand side of the road and drains are also located on the left side of the roads.

Other factors:
    1. Condition of the road.
    2. Wheel alignment.
    3. Wheel balancing.

When is your car due for next service?
    1 person likes this.
  7. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Hi PaddleShifter,
    Thank you.. I am glad to be here on TFI.. :)
    Coming to the problem, the drift is gradual and slight .. I got the car just a couple of weeks back.. Its has done about 1100Km.. so first servicing is quite some time away..
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I think your first servicing will be near (3K or 3 months). Do inform them about the issue. Wheel alignment is part of first servicing, get it done free and do test drive before taking delivery.
    Slight left pulling is nothing to worry.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes, you should not worry. It is usually because of road design and condition in many cases. Do get your wheel alignment checked properly at the time of 1st service.
  10. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Thank you folks for the quick reply :)