1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    48000?? turbo costs 19k from Fiat and 12 k from the vendor from where Fiat sources it. cost is same for FGT and VGT.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I hear a whistling sound after switching on my Jet. It is audible outside the car even without revving the engine

hope it's normal turbo sound and nothing to worry about
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Confirmed with the stores in wasan Motors, kandivli, mumbai.it cost Rs. 48000 odd.Kindly let me know the name of the vendor.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was sure about turbo problem. But I purposly kept mum because someone would have remarked me that I am doing speculation.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    below are the pictures of linea's turbocharger taken in feb in a TASS in bangalore. this is from the vendor from where Fiat sources it. Name of the vendor is Turbo Energy Ltd India. The price of turbo is visible on the pack which is 12600 and name as TEL.

Heres a related post: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd/2423-journey-punto-9.html#post89810

On checking the same with Fiat spares inventory system it showed the price as 19xxx with Fiat part no : 55198317

2012-02-08 11.18.56.jpg

2012-02-08 11.16.59.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @shams the above photo is of FGT Turbo of 75HP MJD

VGT one costs 32490/- when bought from manufacturer directly.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    actually you are right Vijay bhai! i didn't know the difference that time and the SC guys duped me for this delaying further by telling me that this one is for linea.
    Now I am noticing that it doesn't have the extra vacuum actuator thats not present in FGT turbos.

But what i remember very clearly is that the price of both Turbos from Fiat was 19xxx when checked in their online inventory at TASS spares counter
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok so if the turbo should fail can i get it directly from the dealer for 12600 and get it fitted outside?
    I'm very sure its going to be cheaper by leaps and bounds...

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

This is the FGT that goes into all Puntos from '09 models till the latest , is it?
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    yes thats true once the extended warranty expires
    Sham, thats VGT Fiat part no in the above post. picture is of FGT though.
    FGT turbo's Fiat part no is 55220478
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    get it checked . Always better to be on the safe side and much easier to get the replacement in the normal warranty period.Normally no dealer stock the turbo it has to be ordered and would take 7-10 days.

This is for Punto and not for linea.

tis i
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012