1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The phenomenon is called resonance. :)
    2 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Though cars are designed such a way to get free from resonance situations some time these conditions may meet and that is one of the reason for rattling, wobbling etc. They some time disappear by its own.
    1 person likes this.
  3. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Then I guess it is related to thermal expansion.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I faced the same problem.. gave it to TASS but they coud't do any thing, later on closer inspection i found cause..

there are two screws on top side of the ODO glass cover.. just tighten them.
  6. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How can i explain all these things to TASS :A
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Instead of giving to those guys,better compromise the rattle sound with your favourite music ;).
    1 person likes this.
  8. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Awesome Ankur19....Thanks lot for sharing this with us. Its been 5 months now, that i own a 2012 Punto and had taken it several times to TASS after the purchase of the car, to rectify the same rattles ( jhun, jhun noises) from the left front door and also from rear left.

But TASS couldnt find the root cause, so far. So I am planning to apply your fix in the first service.

9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, finally some good news! I was experiencing the same 'jhun jhun' noise in my 2012 Punto since the day of delivery! (27th June). Had already paid 2 visits to Aadya motors (Blore) body shop. Initially even I thought it was a welding issue and was searching for all possible gaps in the left front door! The body shop guy gave adhesive padding where ever there were minor gaps but in vain! Last saturday decided to give a final try to resolve the issue. This time wrote a complaint mail to Aadya motors CRM (Customer Relation Manager) before going and have to admit that CRM lady really helped me in resolving this issue. She called up the Body shop manager and insisted that he should take a test drive of the car with me. We drove on smooth / rough patch of road for about 10 mins and noise was there. Then the manager opened the left door, held it with his hand and asked me drive steadily. Boy o Boy, the noise disappeared and it gave us an idead of the cause !!!! We came back to body shop and he tol the service guy also to take a test drive and it was confirmed that the problem was with left door lock alignment! The service guy fixed it in under 5 mins and the car interior became dead silent! Wow! Wanted to jump with joy! Finally the irritating 'jhun jhun' noise is out! Have driven about 60 kms after that and touchwood the noise has disappeared! Hope it stays so!

So attention 2012 Punto / Linea owners! Please check the door lock alignment in case you experience the same noise in you car!
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Got the turbo checked in TASS and diagnosis 'TURBO GONE BAD AND SOUNDING MORE THAN NORMAL".The cost Rs...... 48000. Getting it done in extended warranty.