1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. Thank you. I appreciate your time and support.

Bhupinder
  3. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry for Hijacking thread. But i am facing somehow similar problem. Rattling noise from dashboard. Strange!!! noise is only appear between 1500 to 2000 RPM mostly. Even at idle speed when i revving engine (in neutral) rattle (Krrrr...krrr sound) appears in same RPM band (1500 to 2000). Guyz help me how to resolve this?. Last time i failed duplicate this problem at TASS :(
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your problem is not same, you have rattling issue, where as Bhupinder has vibration issue.
    You don't have any option but to visit TASC. If you can pin point where the sound is coming from, fixing will be easy.
    1 person likes this.
  5. vivekanandrb

vivekanandrb Timido

Bangalore
    Just for laughs! I faced 3 occasions when I had rattling issues, that ended up in me grinning at my silliness.
    * At around 3000 kms, a constant rattling from the dashboard had me request TASS to check the issue. They couldn't fix it even after removing & checking the dashboard. On a long drive, my wife pointed out that an idol I'd placed in the small shelf (just above the HU) had become slightly loose, was leaning & vibrating against the dash!
    * A second instance when sudden rattling started from near the rear view - I had forgotten to fix the sunshade properly after removing it - realized the issue after 50 odd kms only.
    * Around 10K kms, there was some fluttering from the passenger side view mirror at high speeds. Since I drive alone quite a bit, couldn't really figure where it was coming from - so parked the issue for the next service. After around 100 kms or so realized that a bar code sticker on the passenger side quarter glass had come unstuck, & used to flutter in the wind! It was a tad difficult to figure that one :)
    I still have a few groans & creaks from the car when going over rough patches though! Hopefully, will figure the issue causing that.
    Good luck in locating your noise issues!
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the sound comes from the ODO covered glass... press the covered glass with your hand and see if the sound disappears ;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ When i pressed the dashboard ( above steering area) by hand then sound disappear (for moment). But why in particular RPM band? Strange!!!!
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Theres a screw just above the speedo glass! you need to bend a bit and look. check if its intact and has not fallen off
    1 person likes this.
  9. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you guyz. i'll check and try to locate exact rattling source.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I noticed very light rattling from left front door, but now days it is not happening. I never reported it to TASS. I was just wondering anything to do with temperature change.
    Some part may expand/contract with temperature. Now the temperature is low in Goa.