1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Please note that there is only one fan in punto/linea for doing the engine cooling & A/c condenser cooling. This fan works in full speed only when you switch on A/c and your car is idle or when the engine temp reaches a certain limit. In normal running condition, this wont happen. So nothing to worry about. Just enjoy your ride.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ankur19

I think I finally found the solution. Went for the first free service and literally spent like two days at the service center. Tried all possible permutations and could see that haggard look on the service advisors.

On my earlier test drives, the services guys kept asking me to ignore this noise as there is very little that they could do about it. Since there was this constant vibrating noise, I asked the service guys to take off the plastic panel and again go for a test drive. This time the sound became louder. Was confirmed, the culprit was the door area only.

Next task was to find out the origin. So with the plastic panel removed, banged lightly on the door. The origin was a joint in the door.

FYI: I am talking about the left front door - the joint is in the front bottom corner of the door - where the outer and inner metal sheets of the door converge. With the plastic sheet removed - you can feel a very minor gap. So everytime you hit a bump, the sheets near this joint vibrate and give out that 'jhun jhun' noise.

Solution: I stuffed this gap with foam which has acted as a dampener and -- my punto is FINALLY super silent. Did this on the other door also and am now thinking as to what next could be in store.. :)
    4 people like this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Great. I am happy for you. are you able to post pictures?
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Any pics guys? Are you talking about the inside of the door where the door winder and all is present?
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi folks,

I took the delivery of my Red hot beauty on 27th June 2012 and am also victim of this issue! Infact I took it to service centre the next day of delivery it self and test drove the car with plastic door pads removed. This gave the service engineer an idea and he accepted it as a welding fault. But he was unable to locate exactly the spot of bother. He sprayed a liquid to fix gaps but it hasnt worked. Next time, I will ask him to follow the suggestion mentioned by Ankur19.

Many thanks for the help! Barring this small niggle, my Punto still rules the road! :D
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Wow ,I should try this too..same symptoms
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
  8. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Tuk Tuk Sound!

I am observing for the last few days that my car is making tuk-tuk sound from rear and I suspect it coming from the rear seats or the boot area.

Can anybody help me?:confused:
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

It could be :
    seat belt
    some object in boot u have kept
    tool set in boot
    a stone in ur tyre :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

@saharsh, is that tuk tuk noise is coming after every time you go over pot hole??
    Do one one thing sit in the back sit and ask some one to drive for you and also mention him/her to not to avoid potholes.
    When you'll hear that sound try to find out max about origin of sound.
    If its coming from below the rear seats, specially beneath the rear wheel arches, get a next appoinment fixed & show it to TASS.
    Its mostly related to suspension, im dealing with the same problem since long time & now tyre of my car at that side gone totally slick!!
    So you get it checked ASAP. Don't delay it.
    1 person likes this.