1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. paragsuri

paragsuri Timido

Gurgaon
    Thanks for your feedback......now wht shud i do......shall i accept this noise or this can be reduced by changing the fan etc......wht shud i ask the workshop to change if something needs to be changed to reduce the noise ?.....
  2. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is common across all Punto's. In AC i am not comfortable for driving so i put AC ON in extreme cases only.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Lutch bearing sound

My Linea MJD has completed 61500 kms.the clutch bearing started making faint "kr kr" sound (could be heard in a quiet place in first gear with foot off the accelerator) at around 56000 Kms (so driven almost 6000 kms since then).The clutch has become little hard and hardness is erratic i.e, sometimes its hard and sometimes soft but I dont feel any or much change in gear change.The sound of clutch bearing has now increased little more but one can hear it only in the first gear with foot off the paddle.Kindly suggest should I go for the clutch change now wait for the clutch hardness to increase.TASS guy told me u can easily do 5000 ms more.
  4. paragsuri

paragsuri Timido

Gurgaon
    If this is the case, then it is so disappointing that a brand like fiat is unable to cater a problem like this.......I love fiat from the core of my heart and have taken Punto inspite of its flaws but this is heart-breaking for me......does this problem also occur in punto 2012......
  5. @Paragsuri: It is common noise from Punto and Linea and Palio's as well. When idle compressor sound will be audible from outside but the noise will not seep in. It is not a problem jus a common thing, fan noise is audible thats all. Whereas in other brands the fan noise will not be audible as mucha s Fiat's.
    The noise will be audible only in extreme hot temp where the compressor tries hard to cool the cabin. So no issues here. Your car is fine...
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I think its not a problem but a FIAT feature. My Linea's fan also make a lot of noise which is clearly audible outside but not inside. So I guess its ok with me.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Don't bash fiat. FIY fan noise of Scoda Fabia matches noise of Punto & Linea.

BTW fan works in 2 stage speed. For normal cooling it runs at moderate speed. & when there is need of super cooling it runs faster.
  8. dna_lost

dna_lost

Kochi
    Even I am facing this issue. After 2 weeks of ownership, I could hear this scratching kinda sound(like some plastic/screw gone loose) from within the left door. Took it to Concorde motors for fixing it. But, even after that the sound still remains. :confused:
    The problem is that it doesn't come always, so, when the service guys asked about it, I couldn't show an evidence. Have anyone found the exact reason behind this issue?
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Continue to live with it. One day when I am really drunk and really ****** off, i will get the door changed. Till then.....:rage
  10. paragsuri

paragsuri Timido

Gurgaon
    Thanks for your feedback guys.....this really helped me a lot.....love fiat n love punto.....:)