1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore

TASS guy clamped the wires inside the doors for rattling problem...from left front left door...

It was gone for some days and now its back..I have learnt live with it...it actually comes sometimes..and most times no noise at all..

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

TASS guy clamped the wires inside the doors for rattling problem...from left front left door...

It was gone for some days and now its back..I have learnt live with it...it actually comes sometimes..and most times no noise at all..

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks guys. But as a precautionary measure will get the hoses checked as my car has completed 3 years.
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes, the hiss is on. Yesterday i noticed that the hissing sound is coming up when i steer to the extreme ends. This sound was not coming up early, i wonder why it has started now! should i check the steering oil levels?
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    While parking and taking a U-turn we cannot avoid turning it to maximum.I didn't know this issue though I was familiar with the hiss sound.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    its completely normal no problem. Avoid holding the steering at the extreme positions for extended periods as Gurjinder pointed out and always park the car with wheels straight.
  6. @lowflier - I am not sure of the beep sound. I am not getting beep sound when I crank the engine.
    One more observation - The sound via speaker is reproducible when the USB is plugged in and autoplay is ON. I was not able to reproduce it with no USB during service. Now that I have iPod connected, I can reproduce it. Additionally Fiat manual says that you need to wait at least till the "lock" light is gone before cranking. If you wait for slightly more (few additional lights to go away) then the cranking works normally. I plan on taking my vehicle again to service station with USB.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  7. paragsuri

paragsuri Timido

Gurgaon
    New Red Punto - Lot of Noise from AC Fan

Hello Guys,

I have bought new red color punto last week....Since the 2nd day, there is a lot of noise from the AC fan outside whenever I switch ON the AC......Its a lot of noise.....I have gone to the workshop and the technician told me that this noise is very common in Punto and its with every car......I dont believe him.....Is this a common thing ? Can you tell me what exactly this shud be ? I own a swift car as well....never came across such AC fan noise......Pls advice guys.....Does anybody from you also facing this problem.....?
  8. Best wishes for your new car.

Is you new car is Petrol? I own a 1.2 and fan noise is loud after a/c upgrade. However, check other Puntos and compare.
  9. paragsuri

paragsuri Timido

Gurgaon
    AC upgrade means ?.....have these people upgraded a new car AC ?.....pls explain
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the older model puntos n lineas had a problem of poor cooling issues due to faulty O-ring etc, which were replaced later by the SVC.
    I think the AC fan noise is quite high in fiats, i ve heard many, commenting about the same with my car as well.