1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Hmm.. too late. I got my car home from service station :(. I feel the problem is with USB ON and Media Player set to Auto Play. Unfortunately I had remove everything before dropping the car servicing. I will try your suggestion.
    Did you find any solution? In one of the threads it was mentioned to check for wiring. The SA mentioned that he checked wiring.
  2. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Guys, just to add to this the sound persists even when the music player is switched off (last time when the engine was on). Correct me if I am wrong, an irritating beep sound is heard when I crank the engine and this happens everytime. Do I have to worry about this ?
  3. There is BUD - BUD type of noise coming out of my exhaust when the car engine is running. The noise can be easily heard from the back of standing car. I have checked with TASS but they are unable to provide me any proper resolution to this.
    My car has been recently checked by Fiat and he communicated that it is an issue with Fiat 1.2 engines and there is no fix to it. I sent an email after this to Fiat authorities but the response is same. Multiple times I have opened tickets with Fiat but no response.

I am from Bangalore city and my car was checked by KHT motors.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

slight whistling sound

I can hear slight whistle sound when i rev up the engine above 1500 RPM (car stationary).Is this the turbo sound or anything else.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Perfectly normal turbo sound.

6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For me it comes after 2000 RPM when car is in running.The sound is pretty much...
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Yes it is the turbo noise. .however just check the turbo hoses for any .
    cuts ,bends or bulges
    Also check if the clamps have come loose .there should be no steep bends in any hose.
  8. raj@tfi

So , did u take it again to TASS to get the 50% noise rectified.. Wat was the root cause?

You know wat it seems to be an issue within the production system itself in Ranjangaon and thus most of the 2012 models are facing same issues....

9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Going to TASS tomorrow morning but for an Engine issue. I kinda let the rattles blend in loud music these days. I am hoping that clocking a few thousand kilometers will loosen up the suspension a bit. Anyway, will seek his comments tomorrow about the rattles as well.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Slight whistle is common. Not to worry.
    IMO this specific slight whistle means turbo is kicking correctly

This noise clearly noticable at the time of de-acceleration