1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

The Black trim which have driver foot rest have to be removed to work on drainage tube.
    It's held inplace by 1 screw, 1 nut and 2or3 clips. I had removed it when I was wiring my amplifiers and it's fairly easy to do so.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Yes. Even my Linea had this problem while returning from Mysore to Bangalore soon after its purchase. I drove Concorde Motors, where they set right in few minutes. The mechanic told me that the draining tube got disconnected and found dangling, hence, the condensation found its way to the driver's foot-well. He connected the tube and wound a metallic wire tightly over the junction so that it would not get disconnected again. Till today, that problem did not repeat.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Thanks Raviji for sharing your experience.
    Vijay Khaksa,you are simply outstanding,meticulous detailing and extensive knowledge.It would help,let me try at the local shop.Thanks.
    But,really bad that FIAT did not fix it tightly,just an half a km travel on a bad road and it came off.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes ! One more loose joint from FIAT is pipe of rear washer. Mine is disconnecting frequently.Pipe of intercooler was also loose of my 90 HP. Replaced pipe at first service. It seems that staff of assembly line is weak in plumbing work. I request fiat to increase their salary.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I just got mine back from TASS today and the rattle has reduced to 50%.
    Taking it back tomorrow to sort out the remaining 50%.
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

I am hearing a niggling rattle, it comes when i go over a little grainy road but on very bad roads, it some times fails to come up at all. My only clue is that it is coming somewhere from the left side of the vehicle. I am still keeping a keen ear.
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. Hey, I own a punto 1.4 emotion pk for the past 2 years.I didn't had much issues for 1 and half years.But since the last 6 months i am facing some issues

1. There is a strange noise coming from the right back side of my car.It comes only when there is some load or passengers in the back especially in the right.A year ago my car was hit by a truck on that side on the body line just above the fuel lid.I informed about this and the accident to the sevice assistant during the 3rd service and he said that it was corrected by replacing some bush in the right back suspension but was actually not.The noise heard is kind of a " kee kee" like.As time passes on it is becoming louder and clearer and it happens only on uneven roads and rarely appears on smooth roads.

2. Another issue i noticed recently was some rattling noise coming from the front when i press the clutch.Different kind of rattling noises of varying intensities are observed at different times.Sometimes it doesn't come at all.When the windows are closed it is not audible but while it is open it is more evident.I presume it to come from the engine compartment.

So guys,can anyone help me on this.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Sry, I missed one more thing.My car makes a " grr grr" sound when passengers are getting in or out whiles the main brakes or handbrakes are on.It is heard from the back and it is also heard when brakes are applied on steep surfaces.Sometimes when handbrakes are applied on steep surfaces the car moves a bit forward making the sound then stops.
  8. Ignition sound coming out via speakers ???

Hi All,

I have noticed quite frequently that when I start the ignition, the sound (kkrrr..) comes out of the speaker. I had given my car for servicing but could not reproduce this behavior. I had read in one of the posts it was mentioned to check if the cable (couldn't find post now). Does anyone know specific which I can inform to the service adviser?
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

That may be the speaker specific issue (normal) or loose connection on the speakers.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ sly.cooper

There is trick to reproduce the ignition noise from speaker

I am also facing this issue.

Do on/off ignition key for 4-5 times without engine crank & then crank the engine

You can definately reprduce this specific noise before SA of Tata.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012