1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Front door painful sound heard

I am also facing the spot welding cut issue in my 2012 MJD Punto in right door after a Hit and run case by tata indica who scrapped my right door with reasonable force using his front bumper.

Result, The door closes with a painful clank and the thud is gone entirely, the reason being the spot weld done to the reinforcement beam and the door has come off and the SVC body shop guys have no clue how to fix it and asking to go for door replacement.

Are the Punto/Linea doors really solid and they seem solid and on real they are not? Any one please answer ?

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I face the similar problem now, but i found out it to be apparent only after the seat covers were fixed, the seat cover mechanics (grease monkeys) have no clue on the removal and installation procedure which is quiet complex and a faulty install can cause this to happen.. Don't know how to resolve this

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I face the similar problem now, but i found out it to be apparent only after the seat covers were fixed, the seat cover mechanics (grease monkeys) have no clue on the removal and installation procedure which is quiet complex and a faulty install can cause this to happen.. Don't know how to resolve this
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am also having noise problem....from right doors both....i think the plastic attched to door have become loose and making tak tak soung...if push the plastic towards door while driving there is no sound.....
  3. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    I am also getting the same tick tick noise from front left door when taken on rough patches and how to address the same in service.

Any points to be addressed for the first service
  4. Rams

Rams

Navi mumbai
    I have purchad the 2012 linea in march
    even my linea is giving rattling noise from three doors
    today i have talked to the head of service department of mumbai
    he tald me to take the car to the service centre they ll sort out the problem
    he told that May noise comes because of the hinjes and the door locks they ll tight them and they ll greess it and the problem will be sort out
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Left front passenger foot well flooded!

Is it the A/C drainage tube leak??.20 months back we had the right side driver as well as rear passenger foot well wet and flooded and it was diagnosed as drainage tube damage at the hands of rats and the entire drainage tube was changed at the cost of around 2K rs.Is this also the same,if so do any one know the way to refix the tube if it's not damaged,because even for minor issues to be fixed my car has to travel a long distance to the TASS and if it's an easy procedure,we can get it done at our relatives' workshop.
    The car traveled just quarter km of bad road and this has happened or is it due to rats???:(:(
    45,000 KMS and 40 months of ownership,my car is visiting the TASS,every month.:oops:
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure about the solution Bala.

Mine,
    22,500 kms and 8 months of ownership. My car has visited TASS 4-5 times (including 1st and 2nd free service) :).
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ramjn,very lucky you.
    But even my car did not visit the TASS for the first 30,000kms(thought it had to be returned back to the TASS after every time after routine service to fix the problems they had created).
    May,be in my case rats are creating havoc,first the drainage tube bitten off,next the combination switch of wiper bitten off,next the the fuel gauge pointer/tube bitten off and now this.
    Can't entirely blame FIAT,may be Fiat should start manufacturing rat proof cars!!!!
    In my case the only worry is the TASS is 160 kms away(pondy TASS,which is 40 kms away,hardly knows anything)
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Don't you have TASS at Vilupuram?
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ya,I have a TASS-VST at Villupuram,but that is only for the TATA vehicles.
    Only once when my car was returned from TAFE with a leaking oil and fuel tank and I wrote to every one at FIAT asking them if they want my car to catch fire,TATA service head from Chennai intervened and asked me to take my car under special permission to the local TASS to confirm if my complaint was true and when it was,I was asked to bring the car back to Chennai.
    That is my only grouse,with TATA 3kms away.Hyundai 2 kms away and Maruthi 2 kms away,I chose a Fiat,which is 160 kms away and am let down.
  10. May be a weird suggestion. Why can't you take your car to some local workshop to check it. I believe there are many competent mechanics out there, without pressed blue uniforms. At worst case, all you going to loose is, 10 month of warranty. If it is just a fitting problem, you could save lot of time and fuel.