1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Good that finally your issues got resolved.
    Yes we need to find proper dealer/service center in our respective cities and get the work done.
  2. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore

I am facing a problem again with Prerana in Bangalore, they are not helping with pick up and delivery of the car for check up, and I think my car might have some serious problem.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Shoot an detailed email to Fiat higher-ups. Or change the service station to KHT or Concorde.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Whats the Part code/ No. ?
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I had faced the same problem of "Steering making a "dhum" sound when turning the steering" and "Elastic pad" was also the part that was replaced. When I asked about the details I was told its the suspension mounts
  6. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Great! Thanks Pran.

Vroom
  7. Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Prerana on Hosur Rd ? For me they said pick up and drop facility is available after Oct 14th. Anyway planning for a visit this Saturday for my first service
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Noise Problem from the front suspension

Hey Guys,

I recently was facing this noise issue from the front suspension.. I couldnt make out what the problem was... It had been a week i prolonged my visit to the TSS due to lack of time and just let it the way it is...

Finally got the time today and got to Wasan Chembur and got the issue fixed...

The problem i was facing was very abnormal... Used to get a cracking sound when the car got in bumps or small breakers and uneven roads..
    Especially when driven on uneven roads i felt like both my front wheels would be out any moment it was dat unstable.

Also post cold start when i steered the steering wheel completely to the right i felt like something is rubbing to some metal and the noise was terrible..
    its was hard to understand this issue as the car is only drive by me and i take atmost care and avoid to get my vehicle in the pot holes.

This issue was fixed by replacing both the Mounting for the front suspension studs.
    Both of them were rusted and Wasan guys claimed that its a known issue in Fiat cars and they are prone to rust post rains..
    He claimed that he has replaced around 10-12 mountings in the last month for the Punto's and Linea's...

Any one of you facing such a problem please get them replaced which resolves the issue..

I just got home after a good drive from panel and the car is perfect post the Mounting replacement...

A Happy Fiatian again...:)
  9. carOmania

carOmania

Pune

I am facing a very peculiar issue in linea.
    While running on rough road, squeak sound comes inside the cabin from the front side.
    I am not able to trace the culprit of this issue, seems coming from downside of front panel/ dashboard.
    Pls help me identifying this culprit.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

AC Pipe rubbing sound