1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Wrong Fuel Cap

Hi All,

I'm a owner of a used Grande Punto MJD E pack. In my first refueling i got the shock of my life, The fuel station guy filled in petrol into my Diesel car. To my surprise i found "unleaded fuel" mentioned on the inner cap of my fuel lid. I checked with the previous owner and he confirmed that he has not changed the lid and has faced similar issues in the fueling station wherein he had to mention that it was a diesel car every time.

My Question is:

Would a company like Fiat make a mistake of placing a wrong lid?

It cost me a bomb to get the tank dried and cleaned from the nearest Fiat dealer, and the service advisor casually said that "This is common and we have unleaded diesel as well and All punto's come with the same lid". On request he opened the lid of another Punto and as expected it had Diesel clearly mentioned on it.

Now who is to be blamed? Its definitely not the fuel station guy as "Unleaded Fuel" on any day would mean Petrol for him.

Luckily i did not start the car as i noticed it when he finished re fueling. Kindly let me know if any of you have faced similar issues.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yourselves... Boss you are in india ! be attentive on fuel stations.

Very intelligent huh, fuel station guys :confused:

No.it doesnt.

One advise,write "Diesel" on Fuel Cap,dont trust on fuel station guys,otherwise you have already experienced the bomb.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I always get down and tell them twice to put DIESEL. I don't trust them one bit.
  4. Having driven an Innova for the past few years i didn't feel it was necessary to get down and inform them about the fuel. Yes in Punto's case i have to start doing that owing to that fact that petrol Punto's are there in good numbers and it is pretty easy for a fuel station guy to put in the wrong fueling nozzle.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Yes i will do that shortly, also planning to get the inner lid replaced with that of a Diesel punto.
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ashish Agrawal

Ashish Agrawal Timido

Surat
    33 replies & no one with the solution...has anyone out here been able to get the noise / rattle from front left door of punto rectified???i think the main problem lies with the source of that noise / rattle....anyone??????As far as rattle from rear passenger door is concerned, i have realized that if someone holds the door panel tightly or rather pressed, while the car is being driven, the noise disappears....its pretty evident that plastic door panel on rear door has quallity issues or loose fixtures..... I am not sure just changing the those plastic knobs that fit into the body of door, will make any difference....
  6. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Sun Visor is also reason of rattles (in my case), try changing its position .
    I had Rattle prob from front left , Gone after full door Dampening during audio install.
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    If its kr kr noise on pressing and releasing the clutch even when the engine is not running.Just spray some WD 40 behind the clutch pad on the clutch mechanism.
  8. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    an update-- Rear right hand side wheel hub bearing replaced in warranty today! car as smooth as new!:rolleyes:
  9. VirgoGuy

VirgoGuy

Pune
    Tjet Plus road noise

Hi,I have Fiat Linea Tjet Plus. I can hear the road noise when I drive more than 60 kmpl. However, on the Mumbai - Pune highway the road noise is comparatively louder. I just wanted to know if its normal in Linea Tjet. Are there any ways to reduce the road noise. I was thinking of showing the car to the Service center. Has anyone faced similar issue?
  10. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Hey, I have a crazy habit of puffing all my tyres to 33 over every 15 days just to compensate the loss of pressure due to heat and to avoid visiting bunks frequently. Also my driving keeps shifting from fully loaded to solo very frequently hence I can't seem settiling to a low pressure value. But I do have noticed that when the car is loaded it makes much less rattles then driven solo.

Today I am visiting the bunk for refuling. Let me try 30 this time to hear the magic!