1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ashish Agrawal

Ashish Agrawal Timido

Surat
    tak sound when instantly releasing the clutch

just observed that if i release the clutch instantly while changing the gear, there is some tak sound.....my punto is brand new...is this normal???
  2. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Though I am no expert here but clutch paddle is tied to its mount with a spring. Any action of super quick depressing the fully compressed spring will make some sound. Also instantly releasing the clutch on 1st and 2nd gear will make the car fly so not just the clutch but the whole car will make TAK noise ;)

I think getting the spring or the mount greased/oiled will do the trick. Get it done at TASS (or now-a-days should I say FASS???), 5 mins job. In my opinion its absolutely normal unless you are facing some other pickup or power loss related issues.
  3. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Of late I am hearing loads of rattles in my car. It feels like everything from dashboard to boot to bonnet to wheels and suspensions are making noise. In fact now-a-days whenever I move over small potholes or tiny obstacles at speed of 30/40 everyone from biker to driver to pedestrians looks at my car with a strange look as if they are saying "Boss you are screwed".

I am going to fix an appointment with TASS (or FASS???) next week but I am little half hearted here. Everytime these guys fix the noise it returns in few days and I can assure you I am not a reckless driver (though I play NFS a lot!!!).
  4. Ashish Agrawal

Ashish Agrawal Timido

Surat
    Sam, I understand the spring part...but that not the concern.

In my previous Indica, after putting the car in first gear, when clutch was instantly released & quickly pressed again, while handbrake constantly engaged, if there was a tak tak noise, it means engine C mount was loose. Not, sure if this holds true in new generation puntos.

As such my brand new punto 2012 is giving some spring noise / rattle from front right suspension. Tie rods & links rods are fine.... the suspect seems strut mount pads....which a lot people have complained about in older puntos....surprisingly this problem has been passed on in new generations punto's as well...despite modification in suspension
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    What's the tyre pressure you're on?
    I went crazy on 32 but re-gained sanity at 30. That pressure can make a helluva lotta difference.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As I told earlier , itis due to noisy clutch assembly.

Noise may due to clutch bearing or diaphragm of pressure plate.

If noise is noticable even ICE ON then it is time to replace clutch assly.

After using fiat & maruti cars, I noticed that MSIL uses A1 quality parts on assly line
    but in spare part MSIL supplies sub-standerd quality parts.

FIAT acts completely opposite. Fiat uses low quality parts in assembly line.
    But in spare part supply quality is better. That's why more warrantee claims in warrantee period. Maruti customer doesn't need more ASS visits like fiat customer.

Please take a note that I am not bashing fiat. Only writing my experience.
    Coz from last 15 years I am owning both brands.
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Even I have been experiencing the same issue since the past few months. The 'tak' sound is noticeable only when the ICE and AC are off, but yes, it is there.
  8. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Hi Rahul, did you solve the problem of booming noise? pls do sharethe same.
    My punto(petrol) too is facing a similar problem!
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How the sound at same speed but different rpm(different gears)? Just find out whether it is speed related or rpm related. Test for different roads also. Some times roads will also
    responsible for sound. Was there any hit on hump at high speed?
  10. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    The Tass has replaced belt stretcher yesterday, the noise has reduced 50% till now. The noise starts after speeds of 50km and more after 70~80kms, whining noise :(