1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Hi Binob,

Same in my case as well. The moment i took my Punto Dynamic MJD from the showroom it started giving all sorts of noise from the front left door, from the front as well and also from the cabin light. Even my car is just a month old. I dealer couldnt do anything. I wrote to Fiat CEO Rajeev and they had sent a Fiat eng to study the issue and even he wasnt able to fix it. God knows what am i going to do this car now.....

2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Relax. Get the door pad opened and check for loose wires, clamps etc.
    I am going to do the same on Tuesday. Till then, pump up some Metallica in there :)
  3. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    [QUOTE. God knows what am i going to do this car now.....[/QUOTE]
    Don't give up so easily raj@tfi. You've made a good choice by going in for a FIAT. Some rattling is present in all cars, just that when your car is new, you tend to notice it a lot. Get a few friends to sit alongside and test. Even mine had the same trouble and dealer or TASS couldn't do anything about it. But as time went by, the noises have subsided and the ride is absolutely smooth.:p
  4. kesav554

kesav554 Timido

Rajahmundry
    I too used to hear a rattling notice from the front suspension/front left door. Last week I got it checked in the TASS, and it is gone now. The reason they gave me for the rattling noise was that heater coil has comeout of its place, and they adjusted it.
  5. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    I checked it yesterday.

On nice roads: absolutely no rattles.
    On moderately bad roads: Nothing
    On very bad roads: I checked it yesterday by taking a road which generally no body uses and is like a backyard road. I hear some sort of rattle in the doors and the boot also. I think i can ignore them for now and seriously i cant reproduce them to the TASS also when they ask for.
  6. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Thanks Punto maniac... but my friend at times u know it hurts when u spend odd 7 lacs and get a car with some issue or the other. Time has taught me very well to be patient but at times u feel bad. I have written once again to the fiat management but didnt get any response... I plan to handle this on my own now and take the car to the workshop and see how wat else i can do....
  7. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    Raj: I'm planning to take my car to a bosch service centre here in chennai, to get the rattles and a broken reverse/fog lamp, fixed. I'll update you with the findings. I'm sure these rattles can very well be fixed. As i remember seeing is some post in one of the forums, finding them is the problem, fixing is always a very easy task.
  8. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    So if i am not wrong, this seems to be a blunder on the part of FIAT and now its clear after so much of issues people are facing, that its a major manufacturing issues with most of the cars being produced in Pune, Ranjangaon. Yet no feedback taken nor any actions taken. Who is really then accountable for all this....?
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I plan to change the door itself if it doesn't get fixed in a year, by the first service at 15,000 KM.
    Like a wise ass once said, when it comes to Fiat cars; the ownership lies with ME.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

I plan to change the door itself if it doesn't get fixed in a year, by the first service at 15,000 KM.
    Like a wise ass once said, when it comes to Fiat cars; the ownership lies with ME.
  10. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    My linea 2012 Emotion(spent more than 10 lakh),got in march,has the same problem.R.F motors,cochin-I put the car their for 5 days-was not able to rectify it.The rear left-c pillar side was also giving the same type of sound.Now,it's intensity is decreased,but faintly audible. Please give any information for rectifying it.