1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Run rear wash and wipe and then check for any leakage. Check the rubber hose joint under the bonnet near the left wiper.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I haven't done the Motul lubing yet.

Will do it today evening and revert back. Will click a few pics . Assuming it will work. :p
    Cheers.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hose of rear washer tends frequent disconnect from the reserviour of washer.

In my 11000 km use, I could use rear washer only for 3-4 times due to frequent disconnection of hose of rear washer.

Check leakege at front left tyre. If leakege found then hose is disconnected.
  4. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai

Sir is it, the Motul Motorcycle O Ring Chain Lube that you are talking about ?? 450 Rs/ Can
  5. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    When my car was in the A.S.S. for some other issue, I even asked my SA about this noise, he said its normal.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Yes, but i would not advise buying it just for this purpose.

I'll be using it since i already have a bottle which i use to lube my Bullet's chain. Ordinary grease, available in small packets, should be equally worthwhile i'm sure.

Cheers.
    P.S. No ''sir'' please. We are all TFIans.
  7. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for the confirmation, i wanted to hear it from you first hand to proceed using names.

Awaiting pics if available when you happen to click them actually during the spraying process. Will the off market grease not contaminate and cause dirt to get lodged on to it, How about using WD-40 spray for the same.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Update -

I finally managed to spray the Motul Chain lube on the clutch pedal spring and all of its locating points and the noise is gone, for now.

It's mostly the spring which is the real culprit here.

Lube it thoroughly. Move the pedal down and up again as you lube the spring - so that the lube gets everywhere and inbetween the tight spaces on the spring. The noise is just the metal of the spring vibrating. If the spring metal is lubed well, it will mask this vibration and hence no noise.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Guru Where is this spring located? Pics. will help. Can you post some.

Moreover my gear shift is bit tight(rather it is not smooth)these days I think lubrication of gear cable and/or gear linkages will do the trick. But, don't know how to do this. Can this be done by ourselves or need a visit to TASS. your thoughts or suggestions please.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    This spring is right behind the clutch lever. Easy to spot. I tried clicking some pics, but due to crammed spae, they didn't turn out as well as they could've.

The gear cable lubrication etc would have to be handled by TASS only.