1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sanjeev,
    When evrything is working fine why to go for A##...
    no doubt it is sound making,thats how it has been designed.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There is absolutely no need for an appointment with TASS. It is normal , not only in FIAT , but plenty of other cars as well.

The guys who say the noise it makes is "like some old car" are just clueless as to how a car works. Let them be in their wonderland. You just enjoy your drive.

Cheers.
  3. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Rated five stars.

I am also facing a sound from dashboard LHS. Will check for A/C pipes routing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can you list those noises so that we can also know about it. Wind noise is the one that is familiar to me. Otherwise I don't find any noises that is irritating me.
    After the leather seat installation I hear some times a mild rattle from FL side seat. Very rairly. The Installer hadn't fixed it properly.
  5. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Rear Wash Wipe - not working , Seats rattle after a after market seat update.

My 2012 Punto MJD has an issue with rear wash where water does not spurt out, could anyone help me out how to troubleshoot this problem myself. i am unable to figure out the jet opening from where the water is splashed, i tried looking near to the left hand side tail light assembly but could not figure out the same. Right now no water comes out when i tried to do a wash electrically..

There is a general impression from a 2011 Punto owner (90HP) who says he is able to feel the speed in the 2012 Punto 75HP model when cruising in 100kph as against his 2011 Punto, where the speed masking was done better where in that it feels like he is doing only around 80kph .. Is this because of the increased ground clearance on the 2012 models.

I had new seat covers put recently on my car and ever since there are small rattles and squeaks coming out in general from the cabin while on the move and when the car makes on rough patches. I am unable to figure out from where the sound actually comes from .. can it rectified.. please help me in resolving the same.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    There is apparently a rattle issue with most 2012 cars in the front left door. Mine however is on the front right door. It's like if you put small stones inside the door.
    Plus the ride quality is not good, every bad patch on the road is felt inside the car; sometimes the roof shakes and other times the dashboard. It seems to be a suspension issue. Will get it checked on Saturday. Should I bother with Wheel balancing/alignment as it's only done 1500 km in 7 weeks.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Relativity - Don't take any offense but there might be some odd rattling in cars. We're not having autobhans built to specifications. Some of these just disappear on their own, Did you get your sun film installed recently. Whilst doing so was the door pad opened up?

In Punto at slow speed you'll feel the road patches, that's how the suspension is set-up. Try cruising at a little higher speed and ride will improve. Did you test drive any other Punto on the same patch before coming to the ride is poor conclusion?

I would let some TFI'an drive your car before coming to conclusions of roof shaking, dashboard moving to other side etc. IMHO you're deep diving too much into the car - Just chill and enjoy the drive, few things will vanish on their own. If you want to start visiting SC and open up your suspension, dashboard and door pads for an issue which is probably non-existent and very minor you could very well end up with bigger issues. So please take opinion with a long term owner before coming to conclusions.

I hope you take this in right spirit.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Relativity,
    Not required,
    you have pointed the right thing of suspension,everyone says it goes good on high speed,but it gives thud kind of sound when passing over humps and coming to low speeds very bad suspension effect... :( you can feel all the hits...
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Some time the CD covers or any items will make sound from dash. Once after spending lot of time I noticed that the warranty card of the sun control film got bend and it was
    hitting the dash. Other time it was some screw driver come out of the cover in dicky was creating trouble. Take your car for next meet and compare with others' car. Till then simply enjoy the car. I am now days going very frequently in my neighbor's honda city. It also rattles.
  10. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Sir, Could you please also kindly attach a photograph as to where exactly the spraying exercise has to be done, it will really be helpful for novice like me.. Thanks in Advance..