1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Arjun,
    I have always felt the Tyre roll noise a bit too high for comfort. U never get the feelig of sitting isolated from the outside noise in ur car cabin. I think it is just the design and not much we can do about it. Even if we go to the service centre i am not sure if there is a parameter to measure that for a complaint...so im just going along with it.....
    AS for the vibration, we need to get it checked. Get a second opinion from an outside repair guy. Their might be a simple solution to that but serv centre guys will always make it look like big to make u shell out more cash eeeks....i saw ur post is from 2010....but since i have replied, lemme post it up....didd u get any solution to these isseus u mentioned above??
  2. absahu

Sound from Clutch Pedal in my 1 month old Linea Emotion MJD

This I noticed recently that on lower gears mainly 2nd and 3rd when I shift gears and release the clutch I get a TUCK sound coming from clutch. The sound is also heard when after releasing the clutch I accelerate slowly. When I switch off the engine also I feel the tuck sound coming with a slight vibration. Kindly help me if anyone is aware about this issue.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Try this quick fix....

Spray WD 40 in clutch joints or try any other lubricant.
  4. absahu

I will surely try that sir hope it helps
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Excessive free play in clutch assembly or noisy diaphragm of pressure plate.

Possibility of noise of clutch thrust bearing also.

Problem is called as noisy clutcj or clutch chirping.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Excessive free play in clutch assembly or noisy diaphragm of pressure plate.

Possibility of noise of clutch thrust bearing also.

Problem is called as noisy clutch or clutch chirping.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

I hear this "TUCK" noise from the the bottom of the engine bay almost every time when i depress the clutch to change gears..
    When i spoke to the A.S.S guys they took a test run and told me that the noise was that of the clutch engaging and there is nothing to worry about it.

Is it true or there is something for me to worry about.
    PS:: what i've noticed is that this noise is coming from a very long time.
    my car is a '09 model and AFAIK i've been hearing this noise ever since.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I hear it too. It's just the return spring being a bit noisy and needing a bit of lube.

I asked the TASS to lubricate the spring etc during the second service. It was okay for a while, but came back.

So now i'll do it myself. I have a bottle of Motul Chain Lube. I'll spray the spring/ pivot etc with it and see what difference it makes.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Talk about over-statement. :)

Nothing of that sort is the issue bhai sahab. It's just a small insignificant niggle.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  8. i understand this is normal but of lately even in my 90 hp it has become a bit of embarrasement... i have been pointed by 3 of my colleagues that whenever i drive the car and pass by them inside our office the sound is very loud and gives a feeling of an old car..
    and its pretty tough to make everyone understand the pros of punto's ac vis a vis that of i20 or some other car...
    i know its a powerful diesel car and with the amount of fast cooling it does even in temperatures of 40-42 in noon in mumbai it is bound to make some sound owing to its big fan...

Can something be done for this ?? i have taken an appointment from A##
    so experts pls advise .. if something needs to be done..
    Sorry @raj for hijacking your thread but i thought i should continue in this thread for sake of convinience of other owners..

9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    also depends upon what kind off parking it is open parking or closed parking.....
    in our office i can feel the same from ford figo like trying to pull mighty punto.. ;)
  10. yes ganges this is in open parking.....its more like a road with cars parked on either sides
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012