1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Moving the steering when the car is stationary is never a good practice and places a lot of unwanted stress on the steering components. Avoid as much as possible. The vibration can point to this fact.

Always ensure the car is moving, howsoever slowly, before turning the steering.

Turn the steering on a stationary car only if there is no other alternative. e.g. your car is sandwiched between two parked cars etc.

Cheers.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Gurjinde,r but i never move the steering when the car is stationery.But lately I heard felt this noise/vibration.Is the noise am talking about is normal.Stationery position but engine switched on.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  3. binob

binob

Kochi
    did anyone find any solution for this? poor service guys are kind of helpless it seems.
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    No solution yet for the rattling noise....last week I had gone through my known contacts impromptu to dealer...obvisouly the mechanics did not respond well..because there was no job card open...so rattling issue is not fixed...

Now I'm hearing a clear clunk noise every time I go over a hump....from front left wheel...

So,I have opened a job card for this saturday...

Anyone has any idea on the suspension noise I mentioned??
  5. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Puntosat,

Is the rattling sound happening only on rough patch of roads or neat roads too. B'coz mine is Feb'12 manufactured 1.3 MJD delivered to me in march. I don't hear any such rattle issues. I now wonder if it is really happening and i'm not noticing it. Please give me these details about when exactly this is happening?
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Only on rough roads....mine Feb vehicle delivered in March...too..

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Only on rough roads....mine Feb vehicle delivered in March...too..
  7. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Ok! Let me check today, if its the same case with me also!
  8. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    Linea TJET - click sound while steering turns towards right

Hi,
    I have been hearing a "kat" sound whenever i turn my steering towards the right hand side. This is more pronounced if i go about taking a turn say at a round about or while taking a sharp turn. At the service centers I have been changing one part after an other and now even the service center haven't got a clue as to why this is happening. The sound originates from the engine bay.

This problem started a few months back when my steering column was replaced because a play had developed in the steering. The TASS replaced the steering column and along with it replaced the link rods as well. The day i got my car back i started to notice this weird sound. I did duly report it back and then it was decided with mutual consent that this problem would be taken care of during my second service. The second service happened on 1st of april 12 and it has been three weeks now, till this date no solution is reached.
    The parts that were changed are
    - Knuckle
    - Anti roll bar.

I have now raised with Mangesh as a last resolution.

Anyways if any one of you know anything about this or can give me some ideas which i will gladly pass it back to the service guys and see if they can get this working.

Regards
    -ajit
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Click sound!! Elastic pads.I had this sound it vanished after i replaced the elastic pads under warranty.
  10. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    let me go back to the service center and ask them if they had replaced this particular part, as i am not sure about it. Since these guys are chopping and changing parts i have lost count on the parts that have replaced :)
    Anyways thanks for your inputs. Let me check up with them on Monday