1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Adding to the above point, on cold starts the ECU makes sure engine is operated on Rich Fuel mixture. You may also experience fuel smell when you first time start your car in the parking. When the bore is dry this is very important on lubrication point of view. So on idling too the mixture is rich.

On bikes too its a good practice to start the with choke on and then release it.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Amit bhai, as per my understanding a richer mixture is there ONLY to aid a quicker startup. Like you said, the choke ( enrichening circuit) is there to make the mixture rich to enable a quicker startup. I'm not sure about the lubricating aspect. Also, excessive petrol in the mix can lead to the phenomenon called "bore wash". So, whatever oil film is left on the bores can probably be washed off before the oil pump is up and running ( four strokes).

There's probably a fine balance between a rich mixture and too rich a mixture ( bore wash).

The lubrication angle can come into play in two stroke engines which use premix fuel and not oil injection pumps.

Yes, on petrol engines as the throttle valve is almost closed. That's why petrols are hopelessly inefficient when idling compared to diesels.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I suspect an issue with the suspension or the increased GC. The car is almost like there is no suspension and all the interiors squeak like the external shocks are directly passed on to the interiors.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Mine is a month old and I am forced to use music in the car else I get super pissed with all the nonsense noise in the car.
  5. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ankur. I have been feeling a very irritating sound which comes from the left side of passenger seat in front. It is more of a vibrational humming sound at low speeds specially on uneven surfaces. I was thinking of taking it to Tayal, but i am not sure how good they are. I take my punto to them for regular service and minor maintenance works,. but im not very satisfied with the job they do. The Central locking they installed keeps giving trouble too.......any suggestions if there's a nother good safe place to take punto to in faridabad or evn delhi...my punto is a year old.
  6. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

+ 1 to binob... but in my case... when I am driving I feel that the noise is from front left door while my brother is seating on front passenger seat, he feels that its the noise from the front right door or may be right hand side on the dashboard somewhere but that noise is definitely very evident on rough roads :oops:... We dont have much rough patches in Ahmedabad, so no probs in City but it very irritating while travelling. FIAT should come out with some solution if this noise is so common :irked
  7. In my car rear plastics at the c-pillar makes noise, but i have learnt to ignore it now as they are not too intrusive.
  8. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Anytime buddy :D.. am around in Mumbai...
  9. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Road Noise/ Tyre Roll Too loud

Hi Friends,

I have a 2009 model Punto MJD and it was fine till the 2nd service . Since the car is low It has had several light and heavy bumps :( in the underbody. I took it to the 2nd service several months ago and the SA asked me to change the guard/fix the guard and it will cost me 7k or something . Previously the cabin was near silent and offered very good sound sealing , Since the service the tyre roll sound is very loud in the cabin and there is lot of vibration also . Is there anything I should check to fix the sound/tyre roll problem . The car has run 28k and the tyres are in good condition.

Thanks for the help
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

vibration from driver side floor

Even after the tie rod change, rack change , elastic pads change, struts are fine but the noise of thud thud on moving the steering left to right still remains..The noise comes from steering on moving it left and right and also I feel vibration on my feet when I move the steering. This happens only when the steering is moved on the car being stationary .what else could be the issue.Would it be a problem with steering column, shaft, track bar.My car is 2009 model run 60000 Kms.PLEASE ADVISE.