1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    which city are you located in ?can you describe the "weird noise problem " in more detail.
    Which service center have you tried.
    the title seems a little misleading .
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread moved from ownership section and title modified.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Do describe the sound in more detail.

Like - when does it come, from any particular part of the engine, does it come when you rev the engine, on starting/shutting down, cold/warm engine, is it a mechanical noise or some other kind etc etc.

What was the response from the TASS?

If possible, upload a video in HD quality sound.
  4. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    The issue was checked by TASS.And they did not find anything and asked for me to keep driving.
    After that nothing happened, however,I feel little burning smell is still there if I open the bonnet and check it closely towards the battery area.
    Otherwise car is running without any issue (touch wood) and in city I am getting 12.kmpl closely without ac.
    Total running 750KM.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

The issue was checked by TASS.And they did not find anything and asked for me to keep driving.
    After that nothing happened, however,I feel little burning smell is still there if I open the bonnet and check it closely towards the battery area.
    Otherwise car is running without any issue (touch wood) and in city I am getting 12.kmpl closely without ac.
    Total running 750KM.
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    But in my case, nothing is on when I switch on the engine. I have the habit of switching everything off before shutting down the engine at end of the day. And this sudden RPM needle jump is what I have witnessed recently only.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dj.nish, the revs climbing and later settling down on the FIRST start / cold start of the day is perfectly normal. That is the ECU at work, nothing to worry.

If the ECU senses that the engine needs a bit of high revs before settling down to idle, then so be it. In full winters, you'll find the ECU will do this for much more than 2 seconds. Just to warm the engine up a bit.

Guys who drove the older carburettor cars would know this. The same thing we used to do with our foot what the ECU is doing automatically these days . ;)

Cheers.
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Thanks Gurjinder. You da man!
  8. binob

binob

Kochi
    Infact I tried almost all the possible ways to fix this up externally, but of no use. The noise is from the door panel only.
  9. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    In My new T-JET+ there was a rattling noise.later I checked the rear seat belt and side seat belt.Adjusted them accordingly and no noise after that.touch wood.
  10. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    My TASS guy says it is due to some part of speaker being loose in door panel...he said he'll fix it..Will know after I take delivery tmrw..
    1 person likes this.