1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Sure Andy :)

Cheers,
    Vroom
  2. Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Ok. My rear wiper came off. I am not sure if the washer guy did something. He usually takes it off the glass when he cleans the rear glass. When I was putting it back into position , the horizontal part came off.I noticed that the horizontal part was held in place with the stick in a ball and socket kindda joint. As a temporary measure, glued it together using Feviquik. Wondering if anyone else had this issue?
  3. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

I have had to replace the rear wiper for the same issue. Does not cost much, around 300 INR I guess.

Thanks,
    Vroom
  4. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore

Hey..
    Car has been just 15 days old....there is a noice coming from somewhere around frontwheels... every time I go over a small pot hole, speed bump...something like a mix of thud and nack!! As if something is stuck or the wheels have trouble balancing wonder if anything falls apart...Called the Fiat service centre in B'lore they said bring the car on tuesday...Man that is far...
    I am worried that something might happen to suspension etc..
    Any Idea what can that be ?
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I have been hearing this sound since day 1. After some checkup what they told is everything is fine. At 29k km its still there, so hope its not going to create any short term issues. I have replaced some suspension mounts under warranty, since there was some "additional" noise coming when turning the steering and assuming the entire suspension got a good look, the original sound still exists.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Update: After 1.5 years & 29K km's, No Squeaks, No Rattles, No Niggles in my Linea :)

BTW, Skywalker9 & Pran - Have you checked your Mudflap if its creating this noise while brushing with the hump or surface? Because during our Mahabaleshwar trip, I complained a small sound 2-3 times, then once when I was reversing the car in extremely uneven surface with deep potholes, my brother who was standing outside besides the car told me that he has seen the mudflap brushing with the humps & creating that small muffling sound.
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Update from my side:

In addition to all the truck noise that I hear while driving, the steering has started making some noise now. Its a mid of clunk + thud sound when I turn the steering wheel. Looks like some problem with the steering column / hydraulics. Man, talk about troubles ::OO ::D , looks like a couple of days at the workshop now, for sure!!

Vroom
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Hey Naveen - what are you doing to your car, man ? :mrgreen: Everytime new noise !!

Jokes apart, that noise from steering column might be due to anti-roll bars or ball joints. Get it checked.
  9. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

hehehe.. Amit, actually I had not used the car since I was traveling. I came back this Friday and the first thing when I take out the car, I notice this.

Vroom
  10. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Went to Galaxy, Mulund with the following issues:

1. A/C Pipes rubbing noise - Done
    2. Steering making a "dhum" sound when turning the steering - Done. Replaced Steering mount controls under warranty. They did not have it in stock but I guess they sourced it from another dealer in their network.
    3. Front Driver door rattle - More or less Done. Need to check it for a day or two.
    4. Check back suspension - They found an issue and waiting for the spare to be available (don't remember the exact part). But the thud that was there considerably reduced now. The guys have promised me that the part will be replaced as soon as they get it.

Additionally, the rear wiper plastic was hanging loose. They replaced the whole wiper blade part under warranty.

They also checked front suspension and the car is considerably smoother when going over potholes.

Overall, Galaxy seem to be far more serious (I can see their management running around seeing to it that things are resolved) than Bharti (and this visit of mine certainly better!!), that I have visited earlier.

If you are planning to visit Galaxy, talk to Kishore from their quality (I think) department. He's pretty knowledgeable and knows what he's doing.

And oh.. what's an "Elastic Pad"?? They have replaced this under warranty and costs around 2.5 K.

Thanks,
    Vroom