1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine is June 2010 made Punto. Even I used to hear slight noise from left door area. But I wasn't sure and sometimes even felt that it could be the AC pipe near the left front door (i.e. from the AC vent on the extreme left). Some rattling noise is common from most cars. Even the premium SUV Endeavour was making lots of rattling noises from many directions when I sat in one 2-3 months back. And that car belonged to a neurosurgeon, thus never been to off roading etc.
  2. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    Hi, i experienced similar thing but later I found it is seat belt buckle hitting with the side pillar...then i just adjusted the seat belt buckle and there is no noise. you can check if this is what causing the problem. because new car should not have problem like this.
  3. thank you all ...It seems as if I am addicted to punto...
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Guys I have been facing something similar since the last ~10 days. Whenever I start my TJet, the RPM needle jumps to 2k for a few seconds (~2 secs) and then comes back to 1200 before finally settling in at 800. Why is this so? My car has covered 8000 kms and I never saw this happening till now. All lights are always off before I turn on the ignition. Still?
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Does it happen only on first start of the day or happens everytime you start the car?
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Only on the first start Khasa sahib!
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Then it's normal no need to worry
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It's mentioned in the manual book. It's due to the battery charging level that Engine adjusts via it's ECU facilitated mechanism. When-ever headlight/ac etc. is switched on, the engine self adjusts it's RPM continuously to optimize the charging level. After sometime it should settle in. It should happen when car is at idle IMO.
  9. Weird noise problem with engine

Hi,

I own fiat punto 1.2 and car has completed 4500kms on road. From past 6 months I am facing a weird noise problem with engine but Fiat engineers are unable to diagnose it. I have told multiple reasons but nothing seems to be working for me.
    I called up customer care and sent multiple emails but no respond.

Now as a next step I would like to understand the alternatives. Please suggest.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012