1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. As Gurjinder had mentioned its perfectly normal. I had this experience in my previous vehicle Wagon R. This is evident if you see the rpm needle doing a mild twitch during the switching on and off.
    1 person likes this.
  2. thank you gurjinder and prabusp...I am slowly recovering from what had happened to my car after second service. now they have promised me that such things will be taken care of and won't repeat in future..
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    you will also notice the same when you turn on your hazard lights. listen carefully :)
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yes,i agree with rest,this is normal behaviour,you can confirm this by trying to operate two power windows together
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this thing i forst noticed in my bike Yamaha Libero, whenever Lights ON the engine sound changes.
    when came to notice in punto as well about change in engine sound, then i thought its normal :) and related the same with 2 wheeler :) .... later front /rear Fog lights were also turned ON ;)
  6. binob

binob

Kochi
    Infact the service guys once tried to figure out the same, removed the door panel but the result was a jarring from the speakers. So they did something during my next visit and made it back to the original situation (rattling). @raajravi17 I dont think it is something related to lock/window switch.
  7. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My Punto had 1200 kms. I hear the same rattling noise on teh left front door.
  8. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    My Punto too has same problem rattling noise from left front door when I go on rough roads,on smooth roads no noise It has done 3000km and 4 months, so wud be going for 1st service very soon. Hope they are able to resolve it
  9. Ankur19

Ankur19

Faridabad
    Hi Guys,

Please help me with this one. I just became a proud owner of a 1.3 MJD 8 days back (2nd Aprl'12). Now I am getting squeaks from the front passenger side when the car is driven on slow speeds or over bumps. Took the car to the dealer (Tayal Motors) on the third day for the issue but after spending 6 hours on my 3 day old car, they could not locate the issue. Their diagnosis was that it 'could" be a door issue. They checked the shocks and everything and say its allright. So they oiled and greased the door hinges but the squeaks still remain. Now the dealer is asking me to leave the car with them for a proper diagnosis. I am kind of skeptical now as these guys knocked off my rear bumper when I visited them on the third day for this problem. My worst experience so far.

I would like to know if anyone ever experienced such squeaks on low speeds from front passenger door side and how was their problem solved. Looking forward to your comments...
  10. Ankur19

Ankur19

Faridabad
    Guys, my 1.3MJD Punto is 8 days old. And I started hearing squeaks/rattles from the left front door side from the third day itself. Tayal Motors (faridabad) spent almost 5 hours but could not identify the cause - just said that it could be a door issue. Now they are advising me to leave my 8 day old baby punto in their care for a day or 2. Can you believe this...

Could this be a manufacturing defect as I see many such cases of left front door being talked about here. If anyone was able to get this fixed, then please share your experiences...