1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It will most probably be the fans working on high speed to cool the AC condenser. Totally normal working. Even the Palio D does that. ;)

I even made a video of this noise when the Linea was brand new. In the video, you can see the "noise" starts at around 13 seconds when the fans go to high speed mode. As if some monster has awaken in the 1.3. :)

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  2. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    Dude, when are we meeting?

It is YOUR responsibility to help me with all this! :p
  3. Ask the service guys to check the lock/ window switch. This was the culprit in my case.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's perfectly normal, It happens in my car too especially in afternoons whilst I get stuck in B2B traffic or standing under scorching sun.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    IIRC fellow member ramjn had the same issue and it was something do with the suspension. You could probably take the car to TAFE and contact Mr.Tensingh.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sad to hear this. I can only suggest you that fix an appointment with TASS and leave your car to them ASAP. All these issues are minor and should be fixed by them.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Mine is front right door.
  8. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    Thank you friends. After watching the video, I am convinced that it is perfectly normal!
  9. slight variation in engine sound on turning headlights on.

hello friends,

yesterday night, when I started my car and turned the headlights on, I noticed a slight increase in engine sound..I noticed it, because it was a quiet night.. You can appreciate the sound only when inside the car.. Is this normal?????I am a bit worried as I got the vehicle after second service with my starter and alternator damaged,,though now it is replaced and the vehicle is ok ..please help
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Lights ON = Load on battery= Load on alternator = Load on engine = change in engine sound. ;)

These new age alternators seem to work on demand (not sure though). The older ones kept sucking engine power all the time.

The Linea does something like this at times. Don't give it a thought.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.