1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Are you talking about cold start in the morning?? If yes then it's normal for all petrol vehicles.In cold start the rpm rises to 1400-1500 to heat up the engine for around 2-4mins and then settles down to 800rpm.This also depends on the weather.During summer the duration for heat up is less and in winter its more.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    @SAF_RoadWarrior - Its not THAT high a vibration! I would rate it as high as any other petrol car's cold start in the morning. For further clarification, you may interact with @SpeedJet. He faced this vibration thing in one of the many TJets that he saw.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm not sure which vibration you're talking about, but most engines vibrate a little bit on startup before settling into the rhythm of the idling. That's pretty natural - as the revs climb from Zero to ~1100 or so. During that transition , a little bit of vibes are okay! Nothing to worry about.

You should've seen the older diesels. :p. They rock the car body on starting and shutting down.

Enjoy the Jet!
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    gurjinder,
    the same i have observed in my punto though its diesel,but as you mentioned old diesel, this made me thinking.
    when i start/stop, the engine vibrates very hrashly,even i can see my co passenger(when no one seated) seat vibrates/shakes :).
    also once i opened the bonnet and checked when engine gets started,the Air filter section(Written MULTIJET) vibrates very harshly for that instant.
  5. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Sirji,
    I feel like the underbody is vibrated for couple of seconds as well.

6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My Linea is 3 yrs old run 60000 kms. i find the engine quite smooth even on a cold start although little vibrations are there but it settles down immediately.Make it a point u let the car idle for a min on cold start.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If you engage the reverse gear and move the car few cms then again keep it in neutral. The high vibration will reduce. Don't know why? try this.
  8. binob

binob

Kochi
    Rattling noise from the left front door

Hi,

My Punto is just one month old and I could hear rattling noise from the front left door and at times from the driver side as well. Service guys could not figure out what the issue is and I am kind of concerned about this now, since its kind of horrible distraction while driving. Did anyone experience the same kind of noise from the doors?
  9. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Varin11 and sungoa2010.That solves the issue and no vibration is so far there. Touchwood.

I expereiced some scary stuff yesterday.On the way back to home from a 400KM road trip, we were stuck in raffic for an hour and for 10-15 mins I was Driving on 1st gear halt/full clutch.
    Suddenly some white smoke whith an unknown smell coming up from bellow the car area and Opening the bonnet it comes from bottom ,close to gear box.
    However the temp reading was absolutely normal in the meter.
    Called the RSA, and after talking to them they say due to excessive half clutch the power could not be transmitted to wheel and thus creates smokes.They suggested to drive back home and no issue is there.
    Any advise on this?Planning to show to TASS.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Avoid using half clutch. Need practice but a must for better life of clutch.