1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    Guys, I have a lot of rattling in my car. I have tried giving my car to the A.S.S. more than once but it has been of no help. So I thought of doing some DIY & need some pointers from you guys. The rattling occurs only on rough or wavy surfaces.

1) The bigger sound is coming from the rear. I thought its the aftermarket parcel tray. Its an MDF tray. My car has an aftermarket ICE. Then i thought its the warning triangle. I cant seem to understand where the sound is coming from.

2) A slight grrrrrr sound coming from inside the dashboard.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Issue 1, I think it may be coming from your rear seats. Most of the Punto's has this problem. You can fix this yourself.
    Issue 2, I am clueless.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I think you should consider sound deadening.
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    There is a screeching noise @ back door power windows while rolling down and up any guys had this issue please advice ???

think greasing to be done but where ?/
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    check if the seats are locked properly. sometimes my rear seat used to get unlocked and also the warning triangle or some other small things used to slide under the seat from the boot. then some sound came when going over uneven roads.
    i have faced this problem and a friend of mine had also faced. it was fixed in ASS. the problem was some wires brushing against each other under the dashboard. similar noise used to come from the hornpad also due to similar problem. its been rectified successfully
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I faced it,the left rear window.
    The glass window motor was faulty.got it replaced under warranty.
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    i opened the pad and checked its coming in the track or below.ok lets check with tass :(
  8. sandengg

sandengg

LUDHIANA
    Dear Vishnu,
    Is your problem solved.I am experiencing similar problem.
    Sandeep
  9. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    Finally got rid of all noises - For seats it was loose screw and spring. It took 2 hours for service guy to diagnose and fix,the whole seat had to be removed into pieces and fix again and for rear noise it was lock. Good job done by Techno Auto A.S.S. :)
  10. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Has anyone experienced squeaking sound from middle of the dash? any help on this is appreciated. Thanks BAK