1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    dont worry, go to TASS and ask them to clean and polish the brake pads. this problem will go immediately.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Yep, i agree with amit.
    But one more thing i want to ask is, do these TASC guys clean ABS sensors too? As dust, mud, brake dust must be entering in causing wrong signals??
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    if you insist they will clean that. IMHO dont touch those sensors if you are not facing any problem

" Dont try to fix , that aint broken"
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Nah, im not even thinking to do it but some days before vijay_khasa did DIY of cleaning sensors so just asked.
  5. @vishnu's
    Yes, this will be the first time I will be changing the pads. I think it will be done during the 30k service.

@Ital-linea
    is it better to change or get them cleaned?
  6. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    I am also facing the same issue but not at high speed, it's at 40KMPH. What could be the issue, could it be the same of Brake Pad uneven wear?
  7. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    I am also facing the same issues around 80-90 km... Kindly suggest ...
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Shuddering while braking is 99.9% of the time caused by :

1. Warped brake rotors / drums.
    2. Unevenly worn / completely worn brake pads.

Get both the above checked and you'll be fine. ;)

Cheers.
  9. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    Gurjinder Sir,

I just have one question on shuddering. I don't know if I can call it shuddering but it's very similar to steering wobble when the wheels are bent or there is issue with wheel balancing.

Shuddering is like very quick frequency movement of the steering wheel but in my case it's more like low frequency wobble.

I have taken Pandit's appointment for next Saturday, let's see what happens.

Last time when the wobbling was there in my car, it was not when I used to brake but it was when I used to reach speeds of 80 or 90 KMPH. That time Pandit auto guys did a great job and all the issues were taken care of. The reason that was told me was that all my rims were more or less bent and SA advised me to avoid pothole :) as much as possible.

Not sure what would be the reason this time.
  10. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    Self delete, same message got posted twice
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012