1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Vijay, Italia , Tron

I find shifting gears with the arm resting on the armrest to be a terrible chore. With the armrest down , i am shifting gears with just the very tips of my fingers (holding the gear lever from above) . So i just fold it up and let it stay there.

Either my arms are a bit too long(don't think so) or the armrest placement is not spot on.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I'm with Amit and Gurjinder here! in city drive (I drive 55-60 kms daily) I HAVE to keep the armrest up. The frequency and reflex of gear change is so much that armrest proves to be a deterrent. And given the fact that it has started squeaking, I prefer to preserve it.

However, I thoroughly enjoy it on highway drives and it literally takes away the fatigue (if any) of driving!
    1 person likes this.
  3. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    Sound from Driver`s seat and parcel tray

My punto just 3 months old has developed some sound from the driver`s seat and strange noise from the parcel tray (not sure either its from parcel tray or something else tried to figure out but cud not as it comes while on rough roads only). The seat noise increases when going on rough road and pat holes. Initially I just ignored it as some friends said the seat noise is due to new seat covers but over the period it increased. Finally I gave my car for running service at techno auto and got the car delivered today. When I was handed over the car after service the sounds were not audible and cabin seemed silent. But after running for 20-30 Kms the noise is again back.

Guys plz suggest.

Mods Note - Threads merged.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After buying 2 GP, I came to know that problem of seat noise doesn't occur till you did not overhaul seats for fittings of after market seat covers.
    Idiots car accessory guys do not know special tacties while fitting seat cover to GP.

This type of seat noise problem starts after first overhaul of seat

My 90 HP is also giving driver seat noise. There is one remeady on this problem.

But I shall update after some time. Going for office.

For noise of P tray, avoid fitting of 6x9 speakers on stock parcel tray.

Go for after-market P tray made with thin plywood to avoid P tray noise.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Friends
    Just want to know as curisosity, the part replacement will be the same as of original i.e. make and model or even tata indica's motor can be fitted as we are proud to use TASS:D ? (though under warranty).
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

@Italialinea: that was funniest comment i ever read anywhere for anything:mrgreen:!!
  7. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    Till now the bearing dint reach the A.S.S., so complained to Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar 3 days back via e-mail. Thanks Aniket for the contact.

Just got a call just now from him from Pune. A very nice, well spoken & helpful gentleman who apologized for the delay in procuring the parts. He also informed me that the parts have reached their warehouse & is being sent to Fortune Motors, which according to him will reach by Monday, 27th February.

He also informed me that he will instruct the workshop manager to give me a call as soon as the part reaches the workshop. Fingers crossed.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mangesh is one who is keeping hope alive. Good thing is he is reachable most of time, bad thing is even for small issue, he seems to be the only person.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    Thanks bhai, seat covers are the culprits for the noise. Need to check with the guy who had done the fittings or i will just remove the covers. For PT noise- I have not fit speakers on it. Its still as it came from factory, I can hear some (tin tin) sound coming. Today I just kept rear seat cushions on the PT and the sound was minimized so seems something is loose which I am unable to figure out.
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    man o man! My Linea was about to be rattle free & bang! Here are couple of new rattles rising their heads up!
    My passenger side seat's head-rest is ratteling! Simply clueless why,how? & what to do now?

Also where the rear central seat belt's socket is bolted, that bolt & socket's metal body making ratteling on ideling! :-( Gotta make make 3 small gaskets to fill the play between em.

Guys can anyone help me head-rest rattle issue?