1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: Wiper Problem

Since I was cruising at 100 kmph steadily and changing the wiper speed due to changing intensity of rain, I too did not notice the increase/decrease in the intermediate speed of the wipers.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Even my linea's wipers make noise but they aren't shaky at all whether it be minimum or maximum speed.
    The driver side wiper is huge and provides great visibility even in very high downpours. :up.

Get the wiper arm adjusted. (My 800 arms were shaky got the arms adjusted and they became smooth)
  3. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

vroom, which service centre is this???
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

vroom, simply pathetic.

Did you make sure they ordered the parts needs replacement?
    Please do send same (post above) as email to Fiat. They should be aware what they are providing to customers.
  5. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Chaos, Ravi:

This was Galaxy at Mulund. I had work at Mulund, so went to Galaxy and had called them prior and booked an appointment.

I feel we can do better diagnostics than they can do.

This is what I found out:

1. A/C Noise: All of us know what the issue is already.
    2. Boot noise: The SA was saying its a clip on the left trim. This is a thud sound and certainly not plastic / rubber rubbing against wires. I told him that this is a lock problem and I am certain of that. Basically, the boot door locks, but there is play in the boot door when you go over uneven surfaces and hence the noise.
    3. Seat Squeaking: No amount of lubricant is going to solve this as the lub will be for the axle supporting the seat and not the seat itself. The guy who approves this finally for replacement was not available on that day. So, need to take it again so that they can order the seat from Fiat.
    4. Driver door rattling noise: They were furiously working on the window. I did a trial and found that this noise is coming from the door latch since the lock does not completely lock onto the latch. This is either a replacement of the latch / the lock itself. Well.. these analysis / diagnosis should be done by them (and not by me) since they have a database of such issues.

Anyways, here's what happened since morning:

1. Got a call from Galaxy stating if I was satisfied. I informed the person in no uncertain words that there is no point of taking a satisfaction survey if none of the issues reported are resolved.
    2. Got a call from Fiat for their survey and told them the same thing. They took it up immediately I guess (see point 3.)
    3. Got a call from Galaxy senior management and I informed them about the same thing.

I told the galaxy person clearly - "I do not have a problem getting the car for diagnostics and you guys letting me know what spares are available / required. Once you have all the spares then call me and I will immediately come for replacement, cause I don't want to leave my car for 1 full day and you guys tell me it's done, when nothing gets done due to wrong analysis. My point is Are you capable of proper diagnosis of the issues at hand?".

She has ensured that she will co-ordinate these personally and let me know what exactly the problems are, and what parts need replacement.

I have only this week as I am off to US next week, so might take the car for a diagnosis on Thursday / Friday. She will call-in on Thursday to confirm the appointment.

Let's see how it goes..

Coming back to the main issue - Why is it that these parts are failing so early in the car's life cycle? I mean if you are paying 6 L +, they should atleast hold on for a couple of years and that according to me is QUALITY.

Vroom
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Yday night I observed wipers in my Linea. It was raining & wipers were at work. No wobbling, No abnormal noise. At idle, there was some noise but that is usual wiper noise, nothing abnormal.

Wobbling may be occuring due to wiper blade not moving smoothly on glass surface. Move a plam over glass surface to check any unevenness/ stickyness etc. Also, try to wash the glass with a shampoo & clean the galss with cloth first & than a newspaper.

We've to also keep in mind that Linea has a special Aero style wiper. Also the length of Driver side wiper is large. Quoting below related item from "Did You Know ? series..." thread

7. singhamit

singhamit

Delhi

Thanks Amit.

I got my Windscreen Thoroughly cleaned, but still the problem remains, TASC has also acknowledged the problem and have ordered new wiper Arm.
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

well even i faced minor issues with the front wipers but Wasan replaced both the blades FOC during my 2nd service recently
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Naveen,

Please call me once ur back to Mumbai.. Would get our issues fixed from Wasan:)
  10. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum

Do anyone experience an irritating krr-krr sound from the roof trim? My Punto MJD produces this noise on low speeds. It seems to be coming from somewhere near the roof light. Tried pushing with my hands, but no use. Any ideas how to fix this?