1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    I did check. Spoke to the store in-charge & he told me that the parts have not arrived & is in "back order", whatever that means. He says that he will send a mail & check by when it can be available & inform me accordingly.

So this is definitely not a one-off case with Puntos.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Ten days is just too much, they should have procured it from service centre within mumbai

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    does this damage make the drag towards left hand side ?
    i'm facing the left hand side drag with my punto,i have checked with tyre pressure still the drag remains the same.

?:confused:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Ganges, bro just go to your nearest car alignment-balancing centre & get your alignment fixed.
    The drag you are experiancing is due to alignment problem. Get it done soon or it'll result in uneven tyre worn-out pattern.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tron(In 3D),
    Ok will do that....
    does the bearing problem also causes the drag ?
    1 person likes this.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    No my friend, i think you didn't followed the whole thread.
    Anyway, no bearing problem will make kinda humming noise in car. To check it out, take your car on highway speed up till some 80/90kmph & put gear in nutral. As it'll help to minimize engine RPM from 1700 to 900/1000 rpm. Then keenly observe noises & try to find out if any humming noise is present. Their are high possiblities that you might took tyre noise as bearing noise. So be carefull & have lots of patience. :-D
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very importantuu:)
  8. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    There is no drag in my car.
    1 person likes this.
  9. soori

soori

Dubai
    Left passenger door is rattling. Removed the door pad also tightened the screws still the issue exists. What might be the issue?
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I think, It tends to happen in new FIAT's. There was some Kirrrr Kirrrr sound.... in plastic cap just next to steering wheel , where Indicator stalk is fixed. It got very annoying later on. I put two fingers inside through the opening just below that plastic cap & could sense a loose screw. Just pushed it outside with the tip of the finger & it was on my palm. Put it into the glovebox.

After 2-3 days, it started making that Kirrrr Kirrrr sound in glove box itself even at negligible vibration in vehicle. Annoyed the hell out of me, opened the window glass & there it goes on the road. There is Pin-Drop silence in cabin now. Why did they put it at first place, it's hardly required:confused:?

Don't be discouraged. there is something loose inside window casing. Just go to TASS, get it out & throw it roadside:drinks. I can bet it will be a screw only. Solid stuff like FIAT is not screw dependent to hold itself together.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012