1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Some strange noise like tarr....tarr from dashboard at 1500 to 2000 RPM. This problem occurs only at morning for first 10 min (when temperature gauge is more towards 'C'). After driving 10 min no further noise. Another thing i noticed when i reviving engine (specially in morning) at neutral gear (0 speed) then same noise appears. Why such problem occurs for particular band of RPM? I reported (but couldn't duplicate) this problem to TASC at first service but could not resolve.
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

This looks like a small issue should be simple to correct. I cant drive without the armrest. Have you shown it to any service center?
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    There's a rattling sound coming from top of the steering column in our Jet since we took delivery. Now this sound has increased. Very irritating.

Will place a small rubber piece to stop this rattle as a kaam-chalau fix.
  4. soori

My Punto 90HP is a week old. I get small sound from the front left door and also near the right windshield in front of the dashboard. The sounds are similar. It's link banging a tink sheet with the stick. The sounds appear even on the smoother surface.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

I dont want to jump in to conclusions but are you sure the sound from the left side of the care is coming from the door? Give some more closer attention to the sound and if it is coming from the bottom of the car, i suspect it could be a link-rod issue which i also faced during the initial period of ownership.

As i mentioned earlier i dont want to jump in to conclusions, it could be some loose screws on the left door too. You can take it to service center and get it checked.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Even I had this in the first week. The noise was from the front left door. TASS (read concorde) easily fixed it. After 2.5 years, I am now getting some other noise from the rear. Concorde people say that possibly, it's from the rear suspension. I am visiting concorde tomorrow to check this and also to rectify some other issues.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Yeah its a small issue, but cannot be corrected :).

By the way how can you drive with the armrest? I hate the arm rest.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Italia-Linea once you get used to arm rest you would love it.
    Now I have mastered the art of operating parking brake and putting seat belt without folding the arm rest up.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

amit, you won't believe but if you'll start using armrest you won't feel it in same way now you feeling.
    Its kinda addiction of armrest. Whenever i drive my Alto i seriously miss Linea's armrest! Ones you are used-to of it, its royale comfert to keep left hand on it.
    I just have to use two fingures to shift up/down.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

the problem is i drive daily 55 kms through the city where my one hand is on the steering and one always on the gear lever. secondly i feel offset as the right hand rest on the door pads is lower and arm rest is higher. I also drive with seats pushed back and low, this adds to the arm rest misery.

I tried using it earlier, but the kind of squeaks it gives feels as if poor thing will break away. now the only use of arm rest i do it to hide the head unit front panel when i park my car :)

however like you guys suggested i will try using it more so that i get used to.