1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. raj_90hp

Now thats news to me. Sorry for so many questions, but is there any way I can check whether the tyres have been wrongly rotated & correct it? As in, any markings on the tyres?
  2. If it is a wheel bearing issue, would this Dent the performance ??? I too hear a booming Noise and this is well audible when I take my legs off the A pedal. And when I brake the noise increases. It is exactly a humming sound. Initially I thought this could be road or wind noise. But the noise is heard even below speeds of 40. Above 40, the engine noise masks the booming noise so only when I take the legs off the A Pedal the Booming noise is well heard.
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

@raj, for this perticular reason i don't do wheel alignment,balancing from TASS. I get it done from GY,Bridgestone shop near my house.
    Its always better than TASS job!
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Got the new brake booster installed yesterday, the noise is gone and the engine feels more eager to speed up. The booster had reached ASS on 3 Feb i.e. within 7 days of ordering the part really impressed by Fiat's job in sending booster from Pune to Chandigarh.
    Cost of Brake Booster is approx 3300/-
    No difference in braking observed, the only difference is booster is holding vacuum and I can pump brake pedal 3 times with engine switched OFF before the pedal hardens.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  5. raj_90hp

I have given my car to Fortune, Andheri. Lets see the outcome.

Spotted a fellow member's car there (had Team FIAT stickers on rear bumper) - MH 04 ** 1546 - white Punto Emotion Pack, freshly painted with red ORVMs & red disc calipers. Hi buddy, if you are reading this & taking your car's delivery today, hopefully we can meet.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  6. shams

shams Esperto

looks like another Abarth going to hit mumbai roads soon!!:redcar
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    jack up the car's front wheel, start the engine slot in second gear, depress the clutch slowly and increase the speed by changing gears. only the jacked up tyre will rotate so dont worry. check the noise when the wheel is spinning. if you find humming noise then its the bearing. try checking on other wheel as well.
    just for safety keep the hand brakes engaged.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Do not trust the Jack so much. We should never attempt to start the engine and drive the wheels when the vehicle is lifted unless it is VERY securely lifted. e.g. A hydraulic lift, or jack stands etc.

Be Safe!
  9. raj_90hp

Thank you for your help guys, it was indeed the wheel bearings. The rear LHS wheel bearing had gone kaput & hence the noise.

Good thing is that the A.S.S. did not make any issue of the aftermarket alloys & wholeheartedly accepted that it can be a manufacturing defect.

Bad thing is that the wheel bearing is not in stock as it is a slow moving item and according to the SA, will be available in a week's time.

Best part was the bill = Rs. 0/-. I had a few rattling noises as well... in the bill, they have mentioned "heater coil pipe fixed properly". No labour charge at all.

I find the staff at Fortune to be very courteous. As usual, I got a call from Fortune stating that my car is ready for delivery. When I reached there, I was handed over the gate pass almost immediately. I was waiting for the car to come out of the bay but because there were some 2-3 other cars lined up in front, my car could not come out. After some 5 minutes, the person driving my car came out furiously & blasted the drivers in front of my car that "cant you'll see that the customer here is waiting for so long? Move your cars fast". Dont know, really liked that gesture from him... maybe dint expect such treatment when I bought a FIAT.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Here are two irritating sounds that are bothering me
    1. While reversing and simultaneously braking, I hear a strange hissing sound. This happens only when I reverse my car out of my garage.
    2. A thud/thunk sort of sound when I go over minor speed breakers or imperfect roads. It seems as if the toolbox in the boot or the spare tyre bounces off inside but that isn't the case.

Looking for opinions