1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    raj, These are small, but irritating noises and it kills the enjoyment.
    And these are certainly not normal, I don't have any of these.

So take it to your service center, but it needs multiple visits and interest of service guy. You need to convince him.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    if the sound from dashboard and steering sounds like kirrr kirrr then its some wires brushing against each other. i had such sound in my punto and had heard it in another friend's punto also. the issue was resolved in both cases satisfactorily at ASC
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I'm the latest victim. The arm rest on my Tejt+ (which I generally dont use during city driving) is now making major squeaking/rattling noise. I've stopped using it thus. Is this a known issue?
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Finally this was fixed! They said they replaced elastic pad worth 2457.78 under waranty. After this so far no wierd sound from front suspension and many of the car rattles also vanished! :cool:
  5. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    yes, it kills the driving experience. I have to drive with music on everytime. I like listening the engine growl sometimes but these noises irritate me.

Can any Mumbaikars help me as to which ASC should i take the car to? Fortune Motors, Powai is the closest to me.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    is this mentioned anywhere?
  7. Raj, Fortune Powai is good. I have got all my services done from them only. IMHO they are better than Bharti, Galaxy & Balaji.
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Arishi, don't know about others but about galaxy, you have to creat intreast in SA for your car.
    Each second you have to show them who is superior.
    You have to bang up, create noise for small issues also!
    I got my most of the work done in Galaxy but i did lot of efforts to get em done. Not an easy job! :p
  9. Raj, Even in my new car am hearing the 2 sounds that you mentioned as point 1 , 2

If you are able to resolve it please post the solution over here ..

1 . Sound from the steering column ( as if 2 small metal plates are touching )

2. Rattling sound from left side of the dashboard .

Both these sounds are only when we go over not so smooth roads where we cant drive abover 50 kmph..

I am thinking to get it rectified during my first service visit to A.S.S

Ajit
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i too get a similar noise. its so annoying even i do not use it in the city