1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    Coolant leak

My Punto MJD has so far done 7K KMs. Last week I noticed 2-3 drops of coolant in the parking area. I checked the coolant tank and found it to be empty but never saw engine temp rising past half mark or coolant leaking in large amounts for the tank to become empty. I immediately bought 1L of coolant from TASC and mixed it with 1L of water, filled the tank and took the vehicle to TASC. They replaced the clip/lock type hose ring (somewhere behind the engine) with screw type one and delivered the vehicle. I observed every day for 4-5 days for leakage in the parking area and didn't find any leakage. I just checked the coolant level this morning by opening the bonnet and to my surprise the tank was again empty. Where is all the coolant going? Is it possible that it is leaking only during running? Even in that case the service center guys checked it for almost 30 minutes while engine is running.

I am gain taking the vehicle tomorrow morning to TASC what could be the possible reasons so that I can ask the SA to check for those.

Thanks
    mj
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    same thing was happening with me. during 2nd service they fixed it themselves. i was not finding any drops in parking. the leak rate was also very very slow. but they fixed it nevertheless, without even telling them :)
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Check if you are having any leaks in the floor near the driver side.
  4. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    hardly 2-3 drops on the floor everyday and I have been taking out the vehicle only once to drop the kids at school which is around 10 KM both ways. Unless it is leaking heavily during running it is not possible to loose 2 lts in less than a week. Where is all this coolant going?

-mj
  5. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Jayadev & Italia Linea, thanks for your advice. I have taken appointment and will take to Mallik Motors (Tolichowki)tomorrow for checking the vehicle. I will post the findings after the service.
  6. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    Guys, I hate when my car rattles. These days my 90 hp is having a lot of rattling noises. All are minor but nevertheless they irritate me on anything other than concrete roads.

Rattles are from -

1) Dash, somewhere below steering column
    2) Dash, left corner (passenger side)
    3) Rear seat
    4) Boot

Is it advisable to take the car to the A.S.S.? Will they be able to stop the noises to my satisfaction? If yes, any good place in Mumbai?
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,
    I am getting a continuous squeaking sound from LHS rear wheel. Visited ASS today, trial was done with SA & they suggested to change the SHOCKS(under warranty). Will be visiting again on friday for replacement.

Please let me know if any one had same issue and can i go forward & have this replaced?
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

My instrument cluster makes a wierd noise when going over uneven roads. Put pressure on the dashboard or the instrument clusters and the sound goes away..
    what could be the problem.. loose dash board!!
  9. Pit_Bull

Pit_Bull

Chennai
    For the past one week I've been getting this noise, always. So I'm sure now it is the elastic pad. Should I replace it immediately? Or can I drive around with it for a while? Because, I can take her to the workshop only after a week or so. Is it safe to drive around with this worn out elastic pad? Please advice sir.
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Any suggestions on the above issue....?