1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Squeaks, Rattles and niggles

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cliffhanger, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Thanks Cinju for the suggestion. So, did you apply it all over the windshield? After that you cleaned it with water, is that correct?
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Washing your glass throughly will solve your problem, This is not an issue with wipers; rather with the dust in your windshield
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

@narayan do it part by part. Applying it all over , the paste would dry easily. Maybe you can divide the windshield into 6 or 8 parts and do it. If you are worried, maybe you can check this in the rear windshield.

@Srini ordinary wash or even a wash with good detergent sometimes does not remove the pollutants stuck to your glass. This is one simple method which I have given. For better results you may have to use a clay bar or a very mild rubbing compound to remove this . I had much worse problem earlier & TASS were not able to resolve it. Now I have resolved it myself & I am now having a trouble free night drive even if it rains
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I had this issue. Wiper blades were replaced under warranty because it was just a year old then. And rubber parts, they say, have only a year's warranty. Replacing didn't help because the problem was not with the wiper blades. Cleaning both the windscreen and the wiper blades thoroughly resolved the issue.

Whenever we report an issue that TASS is not sure of, or they don't know how to resolve, their solution is to REPLACE THAT PART. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

I have done 58,000 km's on my 2009 FIAT Linea, Now the Gear is hard

I have Fiat Linea 2009 Dynamic Model, I am almost run 58000 miles on this car. I am having Gear Problem it is very hard(Gear Stick) and have to press the clutch almost to the bottom to engage the gear, I have this problem from past 6 months and complained to Concord service center couple of times. Every time they remove the air from Gear Cylinder says it is fixed but I have the same experience. I used to go long drives frequently and now I am getting my knee pain. I used to enjoy the ride with linea in beginning now it has become painful with knee pains to drive the car.

I have gone through some recent posts that Fiat linea old models used to get plastic cylinder for Gear , Is that the same case with 2009 Linea is that might be the reason for gear and clutch problem. I want to give the vehicle for 4th service again for 60000KM's and would like to get this fixed, can you help me what might have gone wrong and what I need to get replaced during this service to make the gear & clutch smooth.

I am also hearing some noice from engine belt (tick, tick ...) when engine is ON from last week. I really dont know what it is and would have to ask the service adviosr this time. I want to go to Mallik this time as Concord Snth Nagar has worst Fiat advisor he never listen the complains and try to convince me there is no problem.

please help me with what I need to get checked as part of this service to get the original smooth ness and running quality of linea.

6. hi ramu,

please see the video to find if you have CSC plastic or metal VIDEO0005.3gp - YouTube
    if you have plastic one please replace to metal for free of cost. i don`t understand you have clutch hard issue or gear shift issue? if gear shift issue then please change gear box oil.
    and if your have clutch hard issue better check your CSC. if clutch plates are gone you will have gear slip issue.

let us know whats wrong.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

have u changed transmission oil ? also check csc
  8. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

sorry I am new to TeamFiat , I posted my thread under Fiat news with confusion.

Thanks Drive_drift & Italia-Linea for your quick reply & sharing the video. I will check in my car as shown in Video.

I have not changed my transmission oil in last 6 months, looks like it was changed during last service at 45K Miles( if that is covered as part of 45K miles service). Now I am done with 58K and due for next service at 60K.

I have gear shift issue which is very hard, I will change the transmission oil as suggested by you.
    the problem with clutch is to push all the way to bottom to engage the gear, because of this i am getting knee pain.

Once again thanks for your advice.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Ramu, you should take your Linea to nearby Fiat service centre?

They can sure clear all your doubts concerning hard shifts.

the hard shifts can be due to Clutch ,clutch slave cylinder , Transmission oil or anything else.

Do visit nearby service center ASAP and let them diagnose the issue .If you find anything fishy or unacceptable from their part we will see it.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

if its changed at 45k kms then there is no need to change transmission oil.

and bro you have to press the clutch all the way down to shift the gear. i guess you dont do it.

we all do it even on our brand new cars. its mandatory to depress clutch all the way down.

linea has the lightest of the clutch. it shouldnt give u so much pain.